THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, August 01, 2008

tidbits discussed in the car

We were driving to Friday Swim day this morning and E asked me "why don't Americans like to go to war?"
Which caught me off guard, I was trying to figure out where he was coming from so I could answer with out making it a lecture. Finally after some conversation on the topic we determined that while we are peaceful and love peace we also love freedom and sometimes we have to fight for that. I think our country is one of the few that actually goes out of it's way to defend the freedoms and liberties of other nations as well. He seemed satisfied with that.

Then H piped up and said "Obama is pleading with Iran to be nice; it's one of the few good things he's doing." QUOTE
I asked her how she knew that and she said she watched it on line.
With Daddy??
No, by myself I like to watch stuff on line.
okey dokey....what else did you hear him talk about?
well, he wants to raise taxes so he can take money from people with jobs and give it to people who are too lazy to work.

Then we arrived at Gretchen's and they all hopped out of the car and ran for the pool so I didn't get to hear more.

Interesting perspective. Completely not coached by me, although she does hear her dad talk politics so I am sure she had some kind of mental context to put it in.

Maybe we have a future politician on our hands...or maybe all almost 9 year olds like to listen to presidential campaign speeches.

6 comments:

Cheri said...

That's funny.
I do think you might have a future politician on your hands.
I have a 9 year old girls also- she did ask me the other day why Obama though abortion was ok.
I'm not quite sure where that came from either!

marine's words said...

hi txmommy, I saw you on Cheri blog and thought I would stop by you have a loveyl family.marina

Yvonne said...

I don't know of most 9 year olds who like politics or who pay attention to that kind of stuff.

allison nadauld said...

Lana,
I loved catching up on your posts. What a nice trip you had! The memory lane pics are kid quotes are really fun. Say hi to everyone!
Love,
Allison

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

That was interesting, for sure. I wonder if Obama actually said he wanted to take money from people with jobs to give to lazy people. Weird. Let's give the lazy people jobs as soldiers and send them to fight for our freedom. That should motivate them to work, hu? She's a smart girl.

Kathy said...

Wow she is smart that is for sure, but considering her parents that is not a big surprise!