THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, August 25, 2008

Tag

Dani tagged me!

All About My DH

1- Where did you meet? On a blind date. I was teaching 1st grade and I had an awesome friend that was also teaching 1st grade named Ellen. She was soo much fun to work with, if there is anything I miss about working it's talking to her every day. Anyway her husband was an AF Pilot (F-22 at that time) and DH's Uncle Tom (now retired and working as a civilian) was also a pilot and they knew each other from flying stuff. Tom was coming to Edwards TDY and he had dinner with Al and Ellen. DH also went (killing two birds with one stone?) Ellen loved my DH. She came back to school the next day just raving about him. How he was tall and handsome and smart and worked with kids and just wonderful. She told him we meet for dinner at The Great Wall on Fridays and invited him to join us that week. So, Kim, who taught 3rd grade, Ellen&Al, Tina (3rd and her loser fiance) and I went and DH and his dad came and met us. We had dinner at a big round table and it was fun. And he was cute and smart :) After dinner he asked Ellen for my number and we talked on the phone over Christmas vacation (this was obviously in Dec) and when he got back from Ohio we went on our first date.
2- How long did you date before you were married? 5 1/2 month
3- How long have you been married for? 10 years
4- What does he do that surprises you? well, on Friday when I picked him up at the airport we had planned to go to dinner on the way home but he wasn't hungry yet so we stopped at the mall to walk around and he suggested we get massages at those chair stations they have set up now. We'd never done that, it was great. I was surprised.
5- What's your favorite feature about him? His mind, he's really smart.
6- What's your favorite quality about him? He does what he thinks is right.
7- Does he have a nickname for you? What is it? sometimes he calls me "mom" maybe to get my attention. Sometimes sweet cheeks. Funny story (have I told this before?) When we were dating we hung out with Al and Ellen a lot. Al called her Slim. Well, in the spring after Open House we were all in Ellen's room and DH mentioned that I needed a term of endearment so he decided to try on some westerny ones...cause Al called Ellen Slim which I guess DH thought was a cowboy name and not a reference to her slimness. So he called me Bubba, meanwhile Al was frantically, silently, signaling him to stop. It was funny. Bubba never stuck, thank goodness.
8- What's his favorite color? Blue? I don't know.
9- What's his favorite food? anything fruity.
10-What is his favorite sport? Softball or swimming
11- Who said I love you first? He did
12- When and where was your fist kiss? After I went to watch him play softball one night he came back to my apartment and we were watching TV (ER) When the show was over he asked if he could kiss me and I said yes.
13-What's your favorite thing to do as a couple? Go out to eat
14-Do you have kids? Six
15- What's a hidden talent that he has? He plays the trumpet
16- How old is he? 38
17- What's his favorite type of music? I don't know
18- What do you admire most about him? The way he does what he thinks is right, even when it's hard.
19-What's his favorite past time? karate
20- Do you think he is going to read this? yes

I tag, Sarah and Allison and Rachel (I know you don't have a DH but you have a Michael) and Marcia

5 comments:

I have a good life said...

What a fun insight. You do have a great DH! :)

marcia@joyismygoal said...

he is very smart and you are too and I knew that about the fruity desserts

utmommy said...

Fun post!

Cute first day of school pictures!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Ooh, first time I've ever been tagged, good thing I know lots of new tricks, I can type anything sassy I want and then "cross it out" and type the truth. . .ha, ha. .. I have a week pre-posted, so I'll do this next week. ..xo, Sarah

allison nadauld said...

Cute tag. I just did mine. It was fun to brag a little about my husband! What a darling couple and sweet family you are! I love the busy first day of school blog. Wow! I am glad I'm not there yet. Sounds hectic!
Allison