THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, August 02, 2008

good finds, good times

Today the kids had birthday parties to attend. We had two and poor E was conflicted because he was invited to both and wanted to go to both and they were at the exact same time. Finally I decided that he would go to M's and H would go to Zach's. I think both kids were happy with the arrangement. M had a mad scientist party and brother had a great time. Z had a bowling party and H got a strike. Both boys got a copy of "How to Train Your Dragon" which we love and are reading book two "How to Be a Pirate" out loud right now and a big bag of M&M's. The perfect reading snack.While they were there J and G and I went shopping. Our first stop was Goodwill where we were thrilled to find several great things. J got this cool jacket, very fun, and a Chinese robe. I got some things too. Love Goodwill :)
Then we went to Wal mart for school supplies. Our list is long and is killer so I try and start early. They had some good deals. Notebooks are 5 cents right now, crayons are 22 cents. Even still I have spent a good $100+ already and still have more items on the list. The other day we were backpack shopping and I called MSV and she was doing the exact same thing. Which I thought was so fun. I wish we were doing it together. They start school a week before us.

Last night DH and I went on a date. We went to RedLobster mainly because on the Next Food Network Star they had a competition and RedLobster took the winning dish and put it on their menu for a limited time and I wanted to try it before it was gone. It was macadamia crusted talapia with a white chocolate sauce. I liked it, probably wouldn't order it again but enjoyed it the once and was glad we went.
Next we went to the dollar show and saw "Prince Caspian". I liked it a lot. For a while in the middle I was wondering if I would. I don't really like epic battles where the forces of evil are so overwhelming it seems impossible that good can prevail. It's sad and troublesome to me. (too many parallels to real life I guess). However, thanks to divine intervention and the very forces of nature rallying to the side of good it ended happily. Hopefully that's how it is in real life too. DH and I had a good talk about good and evil and peoples relationships with Deity on the way home.

DH went to karate today where he had the sad news that last week, while sparring, he broke his friends arm. He feels horrible of course. Karate is I think a high risk activity but still it's too bad when accidents happen.
I don't know what will change now, if anything.

Lastly, got a copy of "Breaking Dawn" today!! We barely got in the door when J went running off with it and S went chasing after her. I'll be lucky to see it by the middle of next week!

5 comments:

AngeeBee said...

Yeah! My mom and dad are coming to Mexico in 4 days and my mother bought me a copy of "Breaking Dawn" today as well! Yeah! I just read the first three books last week! I couldn't believe how great they were... seriously! I'll have to email you after we read it!

All our love, from Mexico!

Yvonne said...

Sounds like you got some good deals--well, at goodwill anyway. Buying school supplies is always such a drain on the wallet.

Haven't seen Prince Caspian.

Sorry about your hubby breaking his friend's arm.

Enjoy Breaking Dawn.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I love GW Thanks for the pool time

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

We went school supply shopping too . . . this was the year everyone got new backpacks. . . I spent pver $200 bucks and couldn't afford to go out with Damian on our weekly date, except to a new sushi/terryaki (sp) place. . .it was only $20 for both of us, so that's good!

Britni said...

So what'd they think of Breaking Dawn? I got it yesterday and finished last night. I'm interested to see what others think.