THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Olypmics

We love this guy! Wow, he's amazing in the water! (not super articulate but with abs like that who cares?)

We've been staying up late to watch the Olympics and it's been so fun. I love to see our flag raised in victory. I was more than slightly annoyed to see that the Chinese passed us in the overall medal count for the games so far...although I am hopeful that we'll pass them once again.

I think I am not the only one with Olympic hang over in the morning though, DH is leaving the house with a big yawn each morning and today I was up early (before 8~ I know, how lazy is that, our back to school schedule is going to be killer) and waited until 8:30 to make a couple phone calls I needed to make (that's a polite time right?) and I woke up two friends in a row. (which frankly made me feel much better about myself :) )

The blistery heat is gone, we've only been in the high 90's the last couple days. Is this the end of 100* for the summer? That would be strange.

FYI still fighting the phone company.

11 comments:

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

He is amazing, and his arm span is longer than I am tall, weird! We stayed up late, too!

I have a good life said...

We are have Olympic hangovers, too. It is so cool to watch..but I'm glad it is only every four years! Real life just keeps calling! :)

Anonymous said...

Did you see that poor weight lifter's arm after he dislocated his elbow? Sad to see.

~DH

Suzanne said...

I haven't had the chance to watch any Olympics yet because I'm still recovering from the Blog Party. But I need to because I LOVE the Olympics and have been looking forward to them. ***Dashing off to find a tv schedule.*** :)

The Texas Bakers said...

At least you didn't mention any names....

Chellie said...

I'm in love with Michael Phelps. There, I said it.

Yvonne said...

I'm with you regarding Michael Phelps. He is AMAZING.

I love the Olympics and am so glad that I will be home in a couple of days and will be able to watch so much more.

I cry whenever the U.S. flag is raised and the National Anthem is played.

Anne said...

Were big watchers too! Lucky for us, we are on vacation and can sleep WAY in!!! lol Real life will hit us friday, sad day :(

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I know I hear myself saying just a second ... o k we can ...at this time because Phelps is at 10:00 :) I am such an admirer of hard work and dedication and of course competition

c. griffith said...

I know, I have totally had the Olympic hangover this whole week. This is where I feel live Tivo would be worth it. We love Phelps and can't believe he eats 10,000 + calories a day. He is amazing. I am obsessed with gymnastics too. Good luck with sleep.
Charmela

Britni said...

We were talking about this at work this week how everyone is so tired because we're all staying up so late for these Olympics. It'll be nice to get a real night of sleep.