THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

best friends

This morning I had grand plans of getting lots done. Then my friend Julia called. Sadly someone forgot to put the cordless phone on the hook to charge last night so I was stuck on the wall phone. Happily we had a fun visit. Her husband works for Lockheed as well but they live in South Carolina. They may be moving to Fort Worth!! Yeah!!!
Julie is my oldest friend. Our families met when my dad graduated from college and got his first teaching job in North Edwards CA. Her dad was also a teacher there. We were three. Her family introduced mine to the gospel, and we are forever in their debt.
After a couple years of living in North Edwards my mom couldn't take it any more and we moved to the thriving metropolis of Lancaster, Ca. We still saw the Andersons a lot. Every summer we camped together at El Capitan State Beach. It was the high light of my year. We LOVED to go there, so so so SO Fun! Julie's dad is the first person who ever gave me a piece of gum to chew, what a weird thing to remember:) He was also the one who pulled me out of the water during my near drowning first trip to the beach that scarred me forever :)
Our birthdays are a week apart (she's older) and I usually call every April to catch up.

After chatting for an hour I took a shower and Lucy and I left for our errands. We had to get the car inspected and the oil changed. We were so lucky no one was in line when we got there and we got to drive right in! We hadn't even finished reading our Highlights magazine when the car was done.
Then we went to Kohl's..and they were having a sale!

Now Lou is napping and brother is playing with K so I will (say it with me) go clean up! But the floor will shine and we'll have clean clothes to wear so it's all good.
We spent yesterday playing and need to catch up. The kids and I went to the museum in the morning and last night J and I stayed up watching Freedom Writers, which was really good.

can you believe those two little girls are now the mothers of eleven children? crazy:)

8 comments:

Suzanne said...

How fun that you've kept in contact with each other all these years and how precious that her family brought you the Gospel! :)

Tori :) said...

Lifelong friends are priceless. :)

utmommy said...

Such a cute picture!

I miss El Capitan, always the highlight of my year too:)

Gabriela said...

I love Kohl's- especially when they are having a sale!!!

I like the sheep analogy (from below). thanks for sharing!

Phae-Jae said...

What a treasure of a friend!

Kohl's does have the best sales, happy.

Pirate Princess said...

That's awesome that you kept in touch! So much fun... :)

Dani said...

you look JUST like H in this pic... weird

Joyismygoal said...

Youdolook just like H but D too Fun fun to connect w/old friends