THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, May 03, 2007

crickets chirping and other noises I don't usually hear.

It's 7:30pm. The sun is still up yet here I sit on the couch in relative quiet. The only noise I hear is the hum of the dryer, some music coming softly from the other room where S is on the computer singing to herself while doing homework, and the occasional turn of a page from H's room, oh and my own typing. How did this miraculous event occur?

Well, this morning Alison called and asked if Mason could come stay the weekend with us. They are going out of town. I said yes. Brother will be thrilled and what's another kid?:) Then I thought I should let H have a friend spend the night. BUT I have to use that privilege to my advantage. When she got home from school I asked her if she'd like to have someone come over for a play date and then spend the night. She was, of course, thrilled with the idea. Then I told her she could if she was good tonight at bedtime and stayed in her bed. That explains her unusual staying putedness, normally she's a yo yo in and out of that bed 15 times until she finally goes to sleep under threat of severe consequence.
Today was our day to have K stay and play after preschool. We also had Ryan and Austin over all day while Debi subbed so that meant no nap for Lucy and a busy fun day for E. With no nap Lou is ready for bed by 7, and she's still in a crib although I know she's old enough to move out I have been reluctant. (soon though, probably this summer)
I am a little surprised that E is staying put. He likes to sleep on our floor on a little pallet and is happily tucked in with some books and his guys and has a fun weekend to look forward to so I guess that explains him as well.
DH is working late, again. He's been really busy lately with a big deadline looming close by for him.
So the planets aligned just right and I have an evening of quiet. Yeah! and it's Survivor night! And S had a safe day, especially yeah!

2 comments:

Tori :) said...

I'm glad to hear it was a safe day for S. What a relief.

utmommy said...

I hope the planets align just right for me tonight. I need it.