THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

new towels, ice cubes & orange candies

We had preschool here today. Our theme was water. We learned about how water is a solid, liquid and gas. Then we played with ice cubes, let them melt and watched them evaporate. We made a book about the three states of matter.
We painted water creatures, made water pictures. Got cotton balls (clouds) and felt how light they were, then put them in water and felt them get heavier, then squeezed them to make rain.
The boys also played outside.

Brother got to go to K's house to play after. Lou napped so I got to clean the kitchen and mop the floor and do the bathrooms. It was great :) This afternoon the kids and DH went swimming and tracked dirt all over the clean floor. It's like brushing your teeth while eating an Oreo.

Lou found the baby carrier in the closet and talked S into giving her a ride. S is very sweet big sister.
We had FHE twice this week. Last night we had it because DH thought he might have to work late tonight. Tonight Papa and Grandma came over, and he was able to get home on time. Last night our lesson was on the Priesthood. Tonight Papa divided the kids into two teams and they played a game. It was really funny to watch them. The winner got two orange candies each, the rest of us got one. It was a lot of fun.


After FHE was over J and I had an emergency shopping trip to Target. She needed a swim suit. Last years model had a rip in the bottom and she has been swimming in a mis-matched tankini. We got a one piece so she could wear it to mutual and camp.
They also had cute towels on sale so I got one for her and one for H. E has a great shark towel and also a Star Wars one. The plan is to get everyone a lovely towel of their own that is unique. Then that is their pool towel for the summer and they can manage it as they see fit, which hopefully means hanging out to dry in the sun and washing it 1 or 2 times a week.
We have a horrible towel maintenance problem that gets much worse in the summer. It doesn't help that friends come to swim without towels much of the time but hopefully this will help with our own usage.

12 comments:

Tori :) said...

Isabel has the same pink swimsuit!

I love how you say you "got to clean the kitchen and mop the floor and do the bathrooms..." with a smiley. You're awesome.

Anne/kq said...

I think the towel idea is very clever. We have a similar solution (although we need to either buy one for Bridey or upgrade Ems out of her old "swim towel" and buy her a new one, giving hers to Bridey.)

I think it's kind of annoying that tankinis/two pieces that cover as much as a one-piece (or more) are not considered "church appropriate" in some areas. In my stake some wards consider them acceptable, most wards actually (two out of six wards and one branch do not allow them, the rest do), but they are verboten for stake events. I find that even more annoying. I think the same rule should apply to tankinis as to tops-- if you raise your arms above your head and no belly or back shows, you're good. They are SO much more convenient, except when pregnant skirted tankinis (from Land's End, so they provide exquisite coverage) are all I wear now. And I dress my girls in rash guards (with SLEEVES, no less) and shorts almost to the knee-- and yet that would not be considered appropriate attire for a stake swim event! Bugs the heck out of me.

nikko said...

K had a great time at Preschool. You always have such cute ideas. When I grow up I wanna be just like you! ;o)

Swimming sounds so good. Except today is a lot cooler. We need to go to the museum together sometime.

utmommy said...

What towel problem? You didn't like washing 58 towels EVERY DAY?

wendy said...

Towel maintenance problem! We have this too. It has helped for each of us to have our own special towels for the beach - that has atleast stopped the "he got my towel wet" complaints.

cute flip flops!

I wonder what our YW rule is on swim suits for camp. I haven't heard...

Joyismygoal said...

I guess I would like to have the towel problem then that would mean i had a pool.. Will do laundry for Swim time.:) You r kids are all so nice esp S

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your preschool class! That sounds like super fun! :)

The Mathews Family said...

Hi! I found your blog a little while ago through Stephanie's at For Better or For Worse. It looks like we read a lot of the same blogs! I've "lurked" around on your's for a bit but thought I'd come out and introduce myself. I'm Jessica. Hi! I've enjoyed reading your blog so much. You seem like a great mom. I only have 2 right now and they are both toddlers but I've always told myself that I want to thoroughly enjoy my kids when they are teenagers. It looks like you're a great example of that! I look forward to reading more.
-Jessica

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Water lessons, huh? I should try that with my 4-year old, especially the cotton thing. He always wonders how clouds could hold water.

Glad I stopped by.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Unknown said...

Two FHEs in one week? Surely, there is a special place for you in heaven!!
P.S. LOVE the picture of Lou in the backpack...

Lei said...

The preschool looks really fun!

Isn't Target the greatest?!?!

Suzanne said...

I'll bet the kids had a lot of fun with Preschool! I love how your wall by the piano is covered with pictures! :D