THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, May 14, 2007

middle of May

Lucy is such a little mama. She loves her babies and spends hours playing with them. She likes to dress them, feed them, stroll them, sing to them. It's very cute and sweet. You would never think that this little sweetheart would get into EVERY thing all the time. But she does. Last week while I was making my bed, and she was brushing her teeth in the adjoining bathroom she crawled up the tub and onto the counter and opened a child locked bottle of Triaminic and spilled it all over. I went in minutes later and found her and the mess. Since I didn't know how much she drank, or even if she did, I had to stick my finger down her throat and make her throw it up. She was fine but it was scary. Yesterday she played with our pool testing kit. She's a very busy explorer!

The kids looked cute all spruced up for Mother's day. Poor S was sick again and had to miss church. The primary sang w/ Tori and it was very beautiful.


My Sunday school class was very quiet. It's because they got in big trouble and the Bishop and Robin both sat in my class, which made me nervous (not Robin) and was a bit of a nightmare. Hopefully next week will go better.



I got a package today in the mail. These cute new shoes. Now my feet are ready to hit the streets of Downtown Disney and see all the sights!


This week is my last turn for preschool school. I need to do some lesson planning and make it a special week.


TAFA called and they opened another Suzuki 1 course so H will get to take violin this fall after all. Yeah!


Two topics I've been asked to clarify.
1. We are moving, but not for a long time. DH works on F-35. He's an engineer. He's been on the program since the beginning which is very exciting and now "his" variant is going to PAX River for flight testing and he will go with it. This won't happen until fall 08. We are excited to live near DC and all the neat things there. We are sad to leave our good friends and nice home here. So for now it's life as usual, as we get closer I am sure it will get crazier!
2. Home school. We are going to do it next year. It's been a long process and a lot of thinking about it to come to this decision. Actually when D was small and ready to go to Kindergarten I didn't want to send her. I didn't know there was a such thing as homeschooling but I wanted to keep her at home and teach her there. My MIL, mom and D's dad were all against it so I didn't and I sent her off.
Later I became a public school teacher. I am not anti public school. In fact I think that many teachers really try hard. I also know it's impossible to reach everyone, to teach everyone and that the very bright sometimes get less attention.
Fast forward a few years, from the time H was born DH has wanted her to be home schooled. We have talked about it a lot over the years, read about it, prayed about it, debated about it. I have been the hold out. I just wasn't sure that's what I wanted to do. Oddly enough all of my kids, except D, have wanted to home school. As a kid I would never had wanted to. Brother has been adamant that he wasn't going to school, he wanted to do kindergarten in the kitchen.
Fast forward to now. Again it's been the topic of much talk, debate, prayer, consideration, and study. E wants to, DH wants us to, and H wants to. I finally decided that I need to hearken to the council of my husband and give it a good try. The kids are super excited. We have been getting ready, getting stuff together,thinking and figuring. It'll be fun. The great thing is we can look at it every year and look at our circumstances and decide what we want to do. I am going to use The Well Trained Mind as my guide and hopefully they will learn sooooOOoo much and the kids will love it. I have some worries and I am excited so we'll see how it goes.
Lastly, can you believe that lame-o Dreamz didn't give Yao the necklace?

13 comments:

Dani said...

those shoes are super cute!

Chellie said...

love those shoes! I bet you are getting excited for your vacation!

Suzanne said...

How exciting that you'll get an adventure in DC soon. Do you have to sell your home or will you get to come back to it?

Good luck with the homeschooling! What a big undertaking! I taught "D" Preschool alone for a year and while it got a little overwhelming it was so fulfilling. Have fun! :)

Awesome Mom said...

Good luck with your home schooling!! I am giving it a lot of thought too.

nikko said...

Cute sandals. Are they Lands End? They look familiar. Good luck with the homeschooling. K will be so excited that E won't be in school all day. Maybe they can still have occasional playdates. :o)

Maybe the Bishop visit will keep your class under control for a while??

Joyismygoal said...

I will have to visit you when I visit R&B in DC

Mel said...

I'm glad to hear that you will still be "TXMommy" for a while longer:) It sounds like your DH has a great job. My DH works on military aircraft. He isn't an engineer but we wish he had followed that route instead of maintenance.

Good luck with your Homeschooling adventures.

attack of The Mouse said...

I love the shoes, the one thing that popped into my head when I saw them was, "Don't forget to put sunscreen on those few spots on top of your feet." Ouchy if they get burned. Then again you live in TX where the sun shines year round and you have a beutiful tan. Okay that must have just been advice for me if I was to wear those shoes.
I love hearing about educational options for our children. I agree with you about the public school. They can't reach everyone, but a lot of teachers go the extra mile to do what they need to do to help all the kids.
I too am glad that you'll be TX mommy for a while longer. I don't know why but I'm sad your leaving TX, it is not like you can't blog at your new place. Maybe it is because I can see what an assest you are to your neighborhood and ward and am sad for them.
I also get how in just a few minutes of unattend time these little girls can really come up with something that you never dreamed would happen. Hang in there. She really is super cute.

utmommy said...

You'll do great at homeschooling. Too bad I didn't live there so we could do it together.

Phae-Jae said...

Sound like a good move, my sister lives near DC and LOVES it.

We are the "I want to" but "not ready for that leap" homeschooling family. It takes resources we do not have at this point.
Congrats and great luck!

Dreamz turned out to be a thug. I was cheering for Earl and Yao the whole season.

wendy said...

I love the Well Trained Mind. My all time favorite book. I am considering bringing my 3rd grader home next year. She's had a rough Spring.

Anne/kq said...

Hooray for homeschooling! I have felt all along, like since before she was born, that that is going to be the solution that will work for us, at least with our oldest, when she gets to school age. (Her sister may go to school, I haven't decided yet. I'm going to wait and see what her needs are before we decide.)

I can't remember-- are you going to Disney World or Disneyland?

Your kids are so cute. I have also been sick and missed church on Mothers' Day. :(

Anonymous said...

Somehow I missed this post. SIGH - I have LOVED your pictures from Texas - I confess I have lived vicariously through you - I miss my home state! But I'm sure you will love where you are moving to.

The other thing is great job for choosing to follow your heart/instinct/the Spirit on homeschooling. It is a big step - but remember that it's different from public school - and allow your children the adjustment time necessary. If you do that, everything is going to be A-ok.

Have no idea who dreamz or yao are! :S