THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, May 17, 2007

will work for electricity.....


Our electric bill is sky high! It's unbelievable and sooo sad. When we moved to TX we bought a cute house in a normal neighborhood. We wanted to put in a pool, and one of us wanted land. Eventually that one wore me down and we moved not far from our house but to a place with an acre and a half and lots of room for a pool. It's been great (the pool). The land has been a lot of work and a lot of expense. I will be happy when we move and can go back to a small lot. The other day we were driving to school and J was looking out the window and she said "can you imagine what it would be like to have to mow that little patch of grass?"DH likes to grow things, however we live in TX so.... Luckily he's gotten to the point where he wants free time more than a big lot so I think we'll be looking at the same thing in MD.

After preschool K stayed to play. Usually the two boys get along great. Today E wanted to play x-box and spent a lot of time whining about that. Finally I gave them a bucket and some sponges (left over from our lesson on water cleans things) and put them to work washing the windows. That turned out to be great fun. The windows aren't any cleaner but we did find out that if you get a sponge wet and run and throw it it will stick up high on the glass. Very cool!

Preschool was fun. It was our last turn. The boys like building a ship out of our blocks and then putting guys on it. Our guys are our favorite toy. Sadly Yoda went MIA last week during the rain. The boys took the guys out to battle in the "swamp" and Yoda never made it back. I think he's sunk in the mud some where.


We made cookies and learned about water washing things, and baptismal water washing away our sins. They were cute.

Every day after calendar we have a boy hold the flag and we salute and then march and sing "Yankee Doodle Dandy". Today I let Lucy hold the flag. She's never had a turn before and was sooo excited. She had a big smile and after we said "for all" she started marching and waving without me even telling her.

Last night the girls had a nice time at mutual. J's group did an environmental project and then went swimming. I made J buy a one piece suit, which she hates. Then all the other girls wore tankinis so she was sad. I told her when we are in FL we would go to Wings and buy a second suit. Hopefully they will have something cute and inexpensive. I remember that store as fun, beachy and cheap. It's really hard to find a one piece at all and there really are no cute ones available so it's a challenge.
S's class met at Sherry's house (the YW president). She had a chocolate fountain for them and Sis V came and gave a talk on RS. She gave each of them a cute Cinderella shoe with a little saying "Step into the future" Very cute! Then they went sailing on the lake. S had a good time. It was perfect weather yesterday.

Speaking of Cinderella. Nana, Abba and I spent some time on the phone last night clearing up a potential Disney disaster! D&G hadn't received their luggage tags and they need them because they are flying in and need the shuttle. Turns out we had their old address on the reservation so I called to switch it and while talking to our Disney Fun Director she told me it's important to make reservations for any restaurants with table service, otherwise they might not be available. Gasp! So we spent a long while looking through the 15 pages of restaurant listings and today I had to call and make it so. It'll be so fun! We are very excited.

J is learning to play the piano. She asked me to teach her a couple weeks ago. I said sure and we got out an old book one. Well she's been playing every day, several times, and has 2 songs left in book one. I think since she plays the violin it's easier to pick up a second instrument. She is doing great though and making exceptional progress.

11 comments:

wendy said...

Dang, she got the one piece, and all the other girls had tankini's! Waaa!

Your disney trip sounds so fun!

Dani said...

you should go to diviinemodestee.com they have cute modest swimsuits

Anonymous said...

So after the move, will you then become "Mdmommy" instead of "Txmommy"?

BTW, I am so jealous about the Disney vacation!

Joyismygoal said...

DISNEY FUN FUN FUN HERE WE COME

Mel said...

I'm so glad we don't have and acre and a half to groom;)

I love it that you share all the happenings of your day. You sure are a busy one!

Anne/kq said...

I can't wait until the day we can buy any house. ANYTHING. Or a townhome, or a condo. Anything... *jealous*

And Yoda isn't lost, you know. He's hiding in the swamp. Obviously. ;)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I took piano lessons at that age and it always helped me in life! Hope you have a fabulous Disney trip, too! That's awesome!

Steph

Be sure to enter my really awesome giveaway going on from Mason & Matisse- you could win $120 in Skip Hop gear!

Tori :) said...

YAY for DISNEY!!
BOO for high electric bills.

Amanda said...

Our dream house comes with lots of land. Maybe I should rethink that dream.

Hurray for Disneyland!!

Montserrat said...

I also love Land's End for fun modest swimsuits. Love the sponge and water idea. My kids would have a blast doing that!

I have a good life said...

I had a lot to catch up on! Thanks for always being so supportive. I can't tell you how sad I am that you are moving...even if it is a year away. DH said to me maybe we should look at your house when you leave...but...we don't have time for the smaller lot we have, let alone that big one! Dream on DH!