THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, May 20, 2007

nothing if not random


Picture of brother having an awesome time at the jumping party.
We found a new home for Jack this weekend. I feel sort of sad about it. He was a really cute little dog and I miss him. Still I think it was best. S wanted the dog but really is too busy for a pet. She didn't feed him or train him or really do anything but hold him on her lap during family scripture reading. He did typical puppy stuff, chewing and jumping. He also did really well in the house breaking dept for the first month or so he was with us, but then he digressed and I am sure it was our fault but still. A few weeks ago I told the girls he would have to go and they promised to work with him, take care of him and train him. Days went by and nothing changed. We have been thinking about what to do. We are moving next year and will have to down size so one dog is probably going to be plenty. Also I feel like we have lots of kids and dogs running around and it's kind of chaotic at times so one less dog would alleviate some of that. Lastly he's still a really cute small puppy and if we were going to get rid of him now seemed like the best time to make sure that he could find a new family and be happy. So Saturday DH went to wal-mart and within a minute a family took him. So now we miss him, and part of me wonders if we shouldn't have tried a little harder, and part of me feel like this was best.
S and J (and because we are their parents DH and I) are joining a new all girl venturing crew. I don't really know a lot about it yet but it will be very fun, high adventure skills for life scouting stuff. I am on the parent committee, well technically I volunteered to chair it. DH will probably be more involved going on outings and camping trips and what not. The girls are excited, so are we it'll be a good thing.

8 comments:

Mel said...

The venturing crew sounds like a lot of fun! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel about the dog. We did that a few years back - it was the right thing for us to do. After this next move, we'll be buying a mature dog that is already housebroken at the pet adoption place. I want a mid-sized dog - we've always gone for the smaller dogs, and they just aren't good for all the kids we have.

I've never heard of a venture crew. Sounds like you'll be busy! :)

Joyismygoal said...

byee Jack:(
wow that venturing sounds good for the girls

I have a good life said...

You guys are such awesome parents. The venturing thing sounds so fun, but also another thing to do! How cool a mom are you! Sounds like it was the right thing for your fam and Jack, but still hard to see him go!

Tori :) said...

We had to give away a dog when my kids were 6, 4 and 2. It was like another kid and I didn't need one at the time. It was sad to see her go though.

utmommy said...

You are the best mom EVER!!! I bet the girls will have so much fun.

The party looks like fun.

I really need to try those beans, they sound yummy.

Little Lucy is so cute!! Look what a big girl she is making her own sandwich.

I hope the rocks work. They look good.

nikko said...

Exactly why we don't have a dog -- too much work.

The venturing crew sounds neat! Hope the girls enjoy it.

Unknown said...

You just confirmed why we won't get a dog at this phase in our life. We're just too busy to give him the attention he would need!