THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, November 19, 2007

My Dad~ blessing number 19

Happy Birthday Dad!! Today my dad is 68 years young. We celebrated last night since he has to work today.
My gratitude today is for my dad, like Nephi of old I can truly say that I have been born of goodly parents. Dad is always cheerful and helpful. I can count on one hand the number of times, in my life, that I can remember him getting mad. Really mad. There were the occasional sort of mads like when my brother set the desert on fire by our house, when my brother cut my other brothers finger off, when we forgot to wipe our mouths with our napkins at the dinner table, when we laughed hysterically and irreverently during family prayer (aren't kids a delight?)...little things like that :) Mostly though Dad is always even tempered and patient.

He is a hard worker. When he came to the US as a teenager, by himself and speaking no English, it was hard to find a job. Dad worked as a gardener, in a fish market, as a grave digger and as a house painter while he went to school to become a teacher. He has always taught at least two different jobs and then came home and worked in the home. He always acts like work is a blessing and will jump in to do any job any time.

He is a patriot. Dad loves America, the land of promise. He served in the military even though he was not yet an American citizen. He votes and obeys the laws of the land and tries to make our country strong.


Dad is funny and fun to be with. He's always up for a game or a story or a walk. And he makes the kids feel special and important because he likes to spend time with them. He did that when we were little too and to this day we "argue" over who is dad's favorite, each of thinking it's them (except me I know it's me;))

Dad is smart, he knows everything, obscure rivers in China, he knows their names, how many miles away the sun is, knows it, how to make crepes, check, what planet Spock comes from, got it.

Dad is fit. He walks and plays and keeps himself in shape.

Dad is a Christ-like man, he's a scriptorian, and he walks the walk.

Love you dad. I feel very blessed to have you as my dad, to have you as a Papa for my kids and to have your example in my life.

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

What a wonderful dad! I hope he has a fantastic birthday. (How fun that you live near him!!!)

nikko said...

Your dad is a wonderful man. Tell him happy birthday from us, too!

I have a good life said...

How blessed you are! Happy Birthday to your dad!

Klin said...

That was so awesome. I am crying out of love for a man I do not know.

You and your sisters are wonderful daughters, you have to be with a dad like you have.

Happy Birthday to your dad!