THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Run the good Race

Last night was Young Women in Excellence. About 6 weeks ago they asked me, in my official capacity as party princess, to help plan and execute it.



I had a very fun time working with the girls and their leaders. We had an "Amazing Race" theme. We decorated like a race and gave the girls racing numbers on their backs. They all made posters to go with their projects and at the end we gave them water bottles with a verse printed on it encouraging them to run a good race (through life) and not give up so they can receive all the blessings Heavenly Father wants them to have.



Everyone dressed in racing wear and at the end we had banana splits! Yummy!



S brought some of her art and J talked about her project learning to cook and brought a lovely cake. It was a fun evening.

Our Theme for the evening:
19 And now, my beloved brethren, after ye have gotten into this strait and narrow path, I would ask if all is done? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; for ye have not come thus far save it were by the word of Christ with unshaken faith in him, relying wholly upon the merits of him who is mighty to save.

20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life. 2 Nephi 31 19-20

4 comments:

lera said...

Fun.

We have ours next Wednesday night.

Joyismygoal said...

I bet you gave an awesome talk too.

Suzanne said...

"my official capacity as party princess" I knew there was a name for that! :D

Yvonne said...

I miss my days of serving in young women. That sounds like such a wonderful evening. Great job.