THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's kind of like being a BORG

I have a big family. Not only do some people consider 6 children to be a lot, but my family of origin is big. DH's family is not so big but when we add them into the mix there are a lot of us. It is very fun, and crazy :) We keep in touch with one another pretty well and I usually know what's going on with everyone. Ups and downs are shared by all. I sometimes wonder what people do who have less chaos in their lives. When I was reading Eat Pray Live I kept thinking "who has a year to meditate and find oneself?" Anyway, I guess she did so that's good...I'm looking forward to having an hour to fold clothes and watch TV at the time without having to stop to get someone a drink :)

So, what's my family up to, today.
Papa is at work. He got two classes to teach at the last minute. I think he's glad. I am glad for him because I think he'd have been bored with nothing to do all spring. He's always working and cleaning and doing genealogy. I am excited for him and Grandma to go on their mission. I know it's a life long dream of his. If I were him I'd be anxious to get going. I wonder where they'll go, it's the cause of much speculation around here :)
Mom doesn't feel well and at this moment is taking a nap. She has a tooth ache and has been having trouble with her back lately.
DH is at work. They are gearing up to start GVT and he's excited about that. Someday his job will probably move us but right now we're happy to be employed and that the plane is doing well.
My littlest sister Em is still without a car since she wrecked hers last month. She's been looking. Also she is having some trouble with her teeth. And has an ulcer on her eye. (this is sounding like one of mom's Christmas letters :))
Andrea is working. She graduated from beauty school last month although she has a little class work left to do. She's recovering well from her appendectomy.
If I wrote this yesterday I would have said Anna and Ama are doing great. They are in the new house and looking forward to our visit next week, instead I have to say that Amadeo got laid off yesterday. It was so unexpected. He's a hard worker and I am sure he'll find something soon, still it's a shock and I am sad for them. I hope our visit won't be a burden now. :(
MSV and her family are finally well after having strep run through their family and run through again. She got a unexpected refund in the mail! yeah and they are getting ready to go on several trips while little M goes to dance competitions so it was good timing. It'll be a fun busy spring for them. She is teaching two 4H classes this semester and all the kids are taking classes too so that's fun :)
Michael (the one I talk to the least, I don't know why) is going on a cruise, somewhere in the Caribbean. I heard a rumor that he's dating Karlie again and we ALL hope he'll marry her. Or anyone really :)
Alec and Kelly are going to Jamaica, lucky ducks. He got a great bonus this year and off they go. They were supposed to cruise with A2 and us but we all know how that went so I guess they decided to do something anyway. Hopefully one of these years we'll all go on a fun vacation together. Katie is 15! Wow! She's a cutie and smart and fun. They'll miss her when she goes to college...if they let her go :)
Dani is finishing beauty school in two weeks! I am excited for her. Greg still has a year to go and then he's going to go on to do something else. I am not sure what. I was talking to her yesterday and suggested he follow in Uncle Alec's foot steps and become a PA. It's less schooling and still pays well. She said he doesn't like blood, which might be a problem:) Anyway I am sure he'll figure out just the right thing to do. In the meantime I am so glad that Dani is done and they are doing well...now hopefully they'll get their apartment and not be homeless.
S is getting ready to take the ACT. She's working and spends time with her friends and doing homework. This week I 'm going to teach her how to drive to Jiffy Lube and get an oil change.
J is also busy...trying to convince me to let her go to SnowBall (I told her if she had all A's but I haven't seen the report card yet), to get her a cell phone, to let her buy a pet :) She's busy dancing and venturing and just started piano lessons. She and S both need to work on and finish their personal progress.
H is sad because we are going to be gone during the spelling bee. She is exited for Killer Bunnies tomorrow night and is reading several books, which is good. She wants to take a horse break and play volley ball and is working on her orange belt in Karate.
E is waiting for soccer to start, he knows his phone number and is ready to start AR tests at school, which will be fun.
G is ready for her birthday and never wants to leave preschool. She uses the potty sometimes and I am sure when we get back will quickly be trained.
Abba and Nana are recovered from their trip down here:) They are house hunting..although I don't know how seriously and working and the usual. They've buried a lot of parents that last few years and that's been sad but I think they're doing well. Grandpa Thacker is still doing great. His birthday is this summer and he'll be 90! I think there is a big Michigan bash planned so we'll have to figure out how to get there :)
Uncle Brian's been in Hawaii suffering through some work related task. Jealous!
Michael is doing awesome in school and is now thinking of medical school, he's really smart so I am sure he'll do great. Jess just marched in the Rose Parade. We watched, on the TV, and were excited to see her band.
Who am I forgetting?
Oh me, I took the car for an oil change this morning. I'm working on a mat for DH that I promised him for Christmas and my e-mail has been down for three days and it's starting to annoy me.
Caught up. Our big, loud, crazy, borg family :)...the only thing I'd change is I wish I looked like 7 of 9.

3 comments:

nikko said...

I am so impressed that you know enough to write a little two sentence blurp about each of your siblings and in laws. I don't talk to my brothers for months at time, I'd have a hard time writing something like this.

I can't wait to see where your parents end up going on their mission!

Yvonne said...

Wow! Everyone is sure busy. I hope your mom is feeling better soon and will be anxious to hear about their call. I love missionary work and can't wait until Allan and I can submit our papers.

Killer Bunnies--I couldn't remember what it was called.

Anna said...

We are so excited to have you guys come! I can hardly stand it!! So excited!!