THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 03, 2008

new year, new goals (mom don't read)

It's that time again. The hopeful or discouraging time of year when I feel compelled to make myself better.
Every year I think I am going to lose weight. I actually am really good at losing 5 lbs, even 10. I probably lost 60 last year. Unfortunately it was the same 5 over and over again. They leave and then come back with friends. Sad. This year I am turning 40 and so far I have spent 2 decades not weighing what I want. Well more than that if you count when I was a teenager and thought I was oh so fat and got full on a glass of milk, but realistically I can't count then because I didn't even tip 100 until I was pregnant with Dani so even if I thought I was fat I couldn't have possibly been. Too bad I didn't appreciate it at the time. I blame my mother (who unfortunately reads my blog and now I need to institute a new rule that she can't take anything personally that she reads here, or comment in a sad voice about it or she can not read and just live real life with me instead ~the women in our family have a history of bad dieting , that's all I'm saying) After she was born I got back down to a size 3, not my prepregnacy 0 and it's been fatty pants ville every since. But this year, this year might be different. For one thing I am not even shooting for a 0 or a 3 or a 7 any more. I would LOVE to be a 9 or a 12. We'll see. Mostly I want to feel good and have energy and be fun.

Also I want to organize my home. We've been making great progress. I, once upon a time, was neat and organized. That was three kids and one husband ago. Now we suffer from clutter. Stuff clutter, body clutter, mind clutter. I suggested, and was shocked and pleased when DH agreed, that we get a dumpster and get rid of stuff we don't use or need. I am very excited. Don't tell anyone, cause it's a secret and he will vehemently disagree and put the blame squarely on my shoulders, but my DH is a pack rat. He attaches such sentimental value to everything.... I don't get it really. We have a lot of people and a lot of stuff so everyone needs to streamline. I am not talking about getting rid of stuff we use and love, or even things that are family heirlooms and really nice lovely things as well as sentimental mementos. I'm just suggesting getting rid of some of it.

Also I want to read all the standard works. It's only 7 pages a day for a year. One year Anna and I tried and she made it and I, slacker, did not.

That's probably good enough.

Oh, I also want to be a cheerful mover. When we moved here, to TX, as foreign a place as any California girl could ever come to, I was happy and excited to come. Really except for a few close friends and a few favorite restaurants and proximity to the ocean I don't miss it. So I expect it will be the same...except that I love TX. I really feel at home here and I love our friends and there is so much to do and we can afford a nice house and ....

5 comments:

Gabriela said...

you're moving??? to where? I'm sure you've blogged about it-but I can't find it.

Good goals-good luck with them. You are brave to blog them, I've been contemplating putting mine out there for the world to see.

I just finished "Eat, Pray, Love." I know what you mean-it's not my normal type book-but I did kind of like it. Italy was my favorite part-India gets a little weird!

Wish I lived closer- I love to dejunk and organize!

Yvonne said...

Great goals!!! Love the comment about losing the same 5 pounds that comes back with friends ; ) I'm with you on just wanting to feel good and have energy!

I'm the pack rat in my family--not Allan. Whenever he's getting rid of stuff out of the garage, I just don't go out there. (And, guess what, I've never missed anything he's thrown out!!)

Good luck with the goals.

wendy said...

I love to read everyone else's lists. It makes me feel a little shallow with my own silly list.

I love your reading goal - just 7 pages a day? That's awesome!

goodwill is my friend - I have several bags going to them tomorrow... movied does have a way of making you streamline.

Joyismygoal said...

I do not want to read posts about moving so i will ignore that part and say woohoo on the dumpster and when is the girls garage sale and Tori is so good at that she helped me but I need her once a quarter I think. and see you are inspiring us all

Shopper 12 said...

I like these goals. I'll go with you on losing those 5 pounds. I'm really gonna try and lose all of the weight that Richie's eating habits made me put on. Good luck.