THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, January 25, 2008

they were my "american family"

a better view of the duck suit.

When I think of my childhood, besides my own family and siblings, the people I remember the most are the Dustins. Adam and I were in primary and school classes, we rode the bus together, walked to school together, did lots of things together. When I was in 4th grade and Lana in 6th we became best friends and then I spent even more time with their family. We did everything together and tried to spend the night at each others houses every weekend. If I sat down and wrote randomly the things I remembered from growing up I bet they would be the stars of half of them. Adam was the first person I know who could solve a rubic' cube. Lana introduced me to the fine art of making chocolate chip cookies, wearing nike shoes and every other fun best friend thing. Their parents felt like mine sometimes and I got a scolding or two from them as well as a lot of love. I am very grateful to have known and counted them as friends, more than friends, people who will be important to me always.

3 comments:

Gabriela said...

Dang girl-you post a lot!!! It's so great. I wish I could keep up with you.

How fun to write about your childhood friends (and get to see them!). I am trying to remind myself how important friends are for a girl as Margarita is starting to want to be with her BFF all the time.

Love the duck costumes!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

What a lovely post .

Yvonne said...

It's so great that you are able to keep in touch.

The duck costumes are great.