THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, January 11, 2008

small vent, because really the governement should consider MY schedule in their plans :)

This little plane rules our lives....and it's very wishy washy. It's been very VERY weird knowing that we will move someday, for flight testing, but not knowing when that day will be.
It's a good thing that my first real grown up job, which I got by some miracle since I had not one actual qualification for except I was a breathing human and I had a college degree (in social science ~ feel free to laugh out loud if you need to) and really truly any degree opens doors..it's just a fact (note to any of my offspring who might be reading this today, or at any future date get a good education...you will never regret it love, great grandma MeMe), was at Edwards Air Force Base working for a company called TYBRIN, that did contract work for the F-22 (coincidentally at that exact same moment my DH, was working for the same company at it's only other office in FL~ funny, and we didn't even know each other). My job was to be the scheduler. I learned a lot about how government contracts work, and how dates slide and how money is spent. Without that experience I would have had a very hard time believing how fluid things are and how Oct. doesn't necessarily mean this year. And I would have probably thought that DH just says he works on airplanes and that he's really sneaking off to flip burgers somewhere and that we are really never moving.

Anyway, long story short, all though he assured me that we are moving this summer, and I foolishly thought okay...we really don't know. And now we are again somewhat in the air. I would rather just live here and then someday when he has a paper in his hand with a date and a price on it say oh, we are leaving in two months lets get ready. All this ambiguity is stressful.

The good news is we'll probably be able to enjoy another summer in our pool! yeah! and the girls can try out for drill team for next year and maybe even be here to do it.
And the de cluttering we have been doing is so much fun and I feel so happy and great about things leaving our house and getting things more in order so I will continue to do that and then IF we ever need to actually move, instead of just talk about it, we will be ready.

My only wish is that we had never said anything to the kids because it's hard for them and it's hard for their friends. It's better to be here and live in the present and just see what happens instead of being emotionally wrapped up in leaving.

so from now on I will give no heed to the little plane that called wolf and in a very zen like manner (or Scarlet O'hara depending on your prespective) say que sera sera, what will be will be but for now I live in TX.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

THAT HAS TO BE SO DIFFICULT!!! (Let me say, I would be a nag/hag!!!! I think you are handling it very well.
I'm sure your friends are thrilled that you will be there awhile longer--more dinner group, bunny tournaments, etc. Yeah, for your girls being able to try out for the drill team.

Chellie said...

That is the perfect way to handle it! Good for you!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Oh, I so admire your attitude. And, even more I admire your de-junking. I am jealous, ten times over. (She said as a pile of "stuff" fell on her and killed her right to death.)