THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, January 07, 2008

Monday Night madness

Ohio State (my DH's alma mater) is playing LSU for the something championship. This is a BIG deal at our house. Abba and Uncle Tom and Michael went to the game. DH is watching upstairs. In honor of the big night Lucy and I made buckeyes..they aren't done yet. I am using a recipe of Grandma B's and who know they were for 500? Anyway, they'll be done and if "we" win tonight DH can take some to work tomorrow. If not, well, he can anyway because the last thing we (read: I) need around the house are 500 chocolaty peanut buttery 40,00 calorie per treat snacks sitting around.

In other news the upstairs is this close to completely de-cluttered. I have one closet to go and then it's done. Whoo Hoo!! Now, if I don't allow the children to go up there it might stay that way :)

We've made some progress downstairs as well but there is ways to go.

Kids went back to school today. Lucy starts preschool tomorrow~she is thrilled.

Weekend was good. We go to church at 8:30 now, which I think I'll like. I have a new Sunday school class. They were a lot of fun. Lu, who missed being a Sunbeam by 20 days, was sad to go to nursery and not with her friends, but hopefully she'll get used to it. H and E both liked their new teachers.

This morning Joy and I spent some time on the phone getting our last dinner groups organized. I have a few phone calls left but mostly I am just waiting to put out fires and then decide if we will have a big group dinner next month or call it done.

New Years goals report, some are going better than others. House is going well. Diet...maybe I'll start tomorrow. And now I have to read 10 pages a day for the next month and then back to 7 to make it to the end :)

*okay, I have no idea what is going on with the funky font size in the middle but I have buckeyes to dip and to root for so I guess it will have to do.

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

I just checked the score and it doesn't look good for those Buckeyes!!! I think you're an awfully good person to make those when you're trying to lose weight ; )

I like early Church, but I don't think I'd like 8:30. We only have one Ward in our building so every year we go at 10:00.

Congrats on the house de-cluttering. Good luck with your reading!

Britni said...

I'm starting all of my goals tomorrow... or the next day too. It just seems like something always gets in the way. Too bad about the game. I didn't get to watch (helping R with some internship applications), but heard who won.

Blackeyedsue said...

Mmmmmm...buckeyes! I am drooling!

I have decided the ONLY way to keep my house de-cluttered is to send my children and husband to live somewhere else.

So I sit here in awe of you.

Gabriela said...

Yum. I love buckeyes. 500?? Send some my way. Sorry about the game, didn't LSU win?? (totally not into college football, but I think that's what Guapo just told me).

Hope Lucy likes preschool!