THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 31, 2008

misty water color memories

The other day after FHE, E wanted to keep his list of nice things about him the family wrote so I told him to put it in his baby book to keep it safe. "My baby book??" He said, "I didn't know I had one." Of course he wanted to see it right away and so after being jammied up we pulled out the baby books and read them. Luckily only H and E were interested because the big girls have much more detailed ones and it would have taken all night. Point of the story is his book was kind of empty so this week I have been searching through the archives looking for great pictures of him and filling in the details, while I can still remmber :)
It's been fun to look back even over the last 7-8 years (The digital era in our house) and see photos.
Some are funny, some are sweet and some make me a little sad. Like this one. This is Easter 2003. We got together with some of our firneds at the Stirks home. It was a lot of fun, but when I looked at the picture I realized that everyone has moved away from TX except me. Sandy and her family moved to Utah the beginning of last summer. Dani lives in Utah, Krista lives in Indiana now but moved to Georgia in the middle (we saw Chris a year ago or so when he was here on business) and Sheila moved to Utah by way of a year long fellowship in Ohio.

So it's kind of sad when friends leave, luckily I'm old enough to know it's a small world and many people we'll bump into sometime again. Thank goodness for Christmas cards so we can keep in touch :)

In other news I had my annual dr visit this year to renew perscriptions (another sign that I am getting old) and he told me I should weigh 115! What?!? Maybe I'm not done growing tall yet? And I got a tetnus booster (ouch).
Yesterday we also went to the doctor. J got her shots (same booster) and E has an ear infection. He is still home from school. G got to go to preschool today, she feels better and had a much shorter go of the ickies. Mom is still sick though and for some reason I can't figure out my spell checker isn't working, which I hate. And Poor DH is now sick, but they are testing so he has to go to work.

2 comments:

Joyismygoal said...

Oh that picture made me sad because soon they will ALL be gone:< Wow Some good friends have come and gone

Yvonne said...

Smart to write all those things down--it's amazing how easy it is to forget some of the little things.

It's fun to have friends all over--the world truly is a very small place.

How dare your doctor tell you something like that ; ) I'd find a new doctor!!!

Hope everyone is healthy soon.