THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, January 25, 2008

Wild Animal Park

Our last day we had big plans. We slept in, something we were all looking forward to. Then we went to the wild animal park, because we hadn't yet seen enough animals :)

The weather was perfect, cool so we wanted jackets and it drizzled a little, but the animals were so lively and the park was Empty!


They had a very fun petting zoo. We all went in and got to play with the deer and feed the ducks. I loved this picture of "babes", DH and I had a really fun time visiting with Ana and Ama. Every time we are together I like him more and am happy he's our brother. He's funny and smart and really nice. He and DH played a lot of halo and bonded over their republican rhetoric.

This park is the nicest animal park I have ever been to. It was so exceptional. The animals are right there and the keepers have time to talk to you. We got to visit with the elephant guy for a good long time and I really learned a lot. They had lots of cute babies!

We took the behind the scenes safari which was worth every penny.

My favorite part was the lion cubs. These two were about 18 months old and they had a rabbit. They played and "fought" and tried to get that rabbit from each other for the better part of half an hour.



We ended our trip with a fun carousel ride. Our trip was very relaxing. Even though I was sick for one day and iffy another day it was still very nice. We got to sleep a lot. I got to read, it was fun to hang out with my sister and to see the animals and to be off by ourselves.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time. It's nice that you had a chance to relax--you are always so busy.

I have a sister-in-law who was in So. Africa for 3 years and my other SIL went to see her and they saw so many animals. I so wish Allan had gone--at least one of us could have seen everything.