THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our Prophet died tonight

President Hinckley died tonight. I am happy for him. I know he is with his beloved wife and greeting his parents and that he was right with the Lord. We should all be so lucky. I know he was a true prophet of the Lord. That he knew Him and that he spoke to the world on His behalf.

What a blessing to have a living prophet.

We will of course miss him and feel sad for his passing.

Personally I will miss him. He's been the prophet for much of my adult life. It's his council I looked forward to hearing twice a year and who I have followed as I have tried to raise my children and do my callings. I will miss his warmth and his humour and his great wisdom.

One of my favorite songs is his "Constant as the North Star"

1. When President Hinckley was a boy,he slept outside for fun.He noticed all the stars would move,except for one.
2. Discouraged while in the mission field,he read these words from home:“Forget yourself and go to work.”His heart was stirred to
3. So if you’re discouraged or confused,just think of that bright star.Remember what our prophet said And who you are.
Chorus: Be constant as the North Star that shines for you and me,Anchored in the gospel with pure integrity,Steadfast in your service to God and fellowman.President Hinckley has shown us that we can.

I think he was a very relateable prophet.

7 comments:

I have a good life said...

Hey. We have the same picture. Great minds think alike! We will all miss President Hinckley so much. I love that song, too.

SevenVillageIdiarts said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yvonne said...

He truly was a wonderful Prophet. Like you, I so look forward to his talks each Conference.

I have never heard that song--thanks for sharing.

lera said...

We just learned the news today. While it is sad and we will miss his counsel, we are happy that he is reunited with this dear wife.

Britni said...

I completely agree. He really was the prophet of basically my entire life and I'm sad to see him go for my sake, but very happy for his own (and wife's sake).

Nettie said...

I had never heard that story of the North star. (Or I have forgotten it, which is entirely possible since my head seems to develop more leaks the older I get.) Constant as the North Star really describes him. Maybe that is why I was so surprised to hear he had passed away. I guess I should have been expecting it at his age. I will miss him. But, thinking about the joyous celebration that was awaiting him in Paradise makes me smile!

Carolyn said...

Hi. I found your blog when doing a search for the "Constant As a North Star" song. Thought you and your readers might like to know the source of it. It was published in the June 1996 "Friend" magazine to honor President Hinckley for his birthday. You can find it by going to "www.lds.org" and typing "constant as the north star" in the Search field. The words and music are by Cheryl Boyer Hansen. The music is beautiful. I wanted to teach the song to the primary kids in my ward this morning, but I start crying every time I get to the chorus... Maybe my emotions will settle down a bit next week. :-)