THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, February 09, 2008

keeping quiet

Keeping quiet has been the theme of our week. It's been a little inconvenient. I know it's been a lot inconvenient for DH. I don't know how families do it who always have a night shift. I don't say that to complain, it's something we need to do for the job and that's okay. I am grateful that it's short term for us.

Yesterday we left that house at about quarter to eight and came back at three. DH actually slept another hour or so after we got home so I was glad about that. Lu and I went to the rodeo, then to iHop for some yummy pancakes. 75 min. and 60 min. respectively. Next we went to the downtown library and stayed there for 2 hours and 15 mintues. You get 2 and a half hours of free parking :) It wasn't bad. We had fun reading and doing puzzles and it's a great library. We also spent an hour at Wal-mart. The rest of the time was taken up in travel from spot to spot.

The kids had friends over after school. E had Gage. They played outside for the first hour then came in to play. H had Alexa. She got to stay until 10pm (an unsleepover) We made homemade pizzas and cookies and everyone had fun.

Today I decided we needed feild trip. Something we'd never done before. So I got mom and dad and the littles and we went to the Dallas Zoo. It was lovely. I don't know why I've never been before. It had lots of nice habitats, fun things to do at the children's zoo and a monorail ride.



J didn't want to come and went to her friend's house instead. S had the ACT today. That was a mess. Last night we looked up on line the calculators that they allow and hers was not on the prohibited list. It turned out when she got there that it was though and she didnt' have time to answer all the questions, as a result. I wasn't very happy about that, nor was she. Luckily she still has time to retake it but still.





Tonight we drug the mattress upstairs and got it all set up for DH. He's going to try and sleep there tomorrow. And I will take him to the Dallas Zoo before we leave TX, it's worth the effort.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

You are a great wife--so considerate. The Dallas Zoo sounds like a fun place to visit. Glad you had such a great time.

Hope the mattress upstairs does the trick.

Joyismygoal said...

sounds so fun:>

nikko said...

I don't envy you guys. It's so hard to change aschedules and try to keep the kids quiet!

We've never been to the Dallas Zoo, either.

Heidi said...

A lot of people don't like the Dallas Zoo, and will tell you to only go to the Fort Worth Zoo. And while, undoubtedly the Dallas Zoo is in a kind of dodgy neighborhood, I think it's a WONDERFUL zoo, with lots of things for little ones.

I'm glad you agree!

Chellie said...

FUN! I love to see all the things you do! You're awesome!