THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, February 11, 2008

a very "martha" night

We made these tiles at Super Saturday last fall. I made one for me and one for Dani. I really liked it but wasn't sure where to put it. A lot of people put them on the counter or on a table with a little stand; however we are out of flat spots to put stuff so I wanted to hang it. Finally a couple weeks ago I found this scrolly holder at Hobby Lobby and I love the way it looks. Dani forgot hers here at Christmas and I just now sent it to her so I put this up for her so she can see how I hung mine.
Tomorrow is my turn to teach preschool. I am excited. I love when it's my turn. It's "O" day so I made these felt orange octopi for each of the kids. J is modeling it's puppety qualities. We are going to glue oatmeal on to construction paper "O"s, paint ocean animals, play with our puppets and sing the "O" song (Still to be made up), eat octopus on a sea bed for snack (hot dogs cut like an octopus on pasta shells). Should be fun. The eyes are buttons sewn on and there is a strap on the back to slide you fingers through.

9 comments:

utmommy said...

Should be a great "O" day!

utmommy said...

...and I love the scrolly thing!

Yvonne said...

Certainly sounds like a Martha night, for sure. I love the tile--very nice and it looks lovely on the wall

What a great "O" day the kids will have--you certainly do go all out. Have fun.

Cheri said...

Oh- I love the tile! Could you please post or email me the directions to make them. They would make great gifts!
cbattjes@altelco.net

nikko said...

That's why I didn't want to make a tile -- didn't have a flat surface to put it on. But, I love the scrolly hanging thing. Perfect!

You are such a wonderful preschool teacher. I miss having preschool with you! Have fun making up an O song!

I have a good life said...

You are such a fun preschool teacher! :) Too bad we don't have any more kids the same age. LD is missing out!

Oh, and I LOVE the scrolly hanging thing. I haven't put mine anywhere (same reasons!). So, do you mind if I copy? It is perfect!

Joyismygoal said...

Great preschool and I may copy your hanger:>

wendy said...

I love your B sign. Now that's something I would BE interested in making at RS...

Your O day sounds super fun! We had preschool here today - we were all about love!

Anonymous said...

It's nice to know I'm not alone in trying to find a place for my "Be" tile. I love it, but it doesn't look great propped up on my mantle. Now that you've blogged about your scrolly hanger everyone is going to copy it! Preschool looks like so much fun! I don't know if I have the time or energy to get involved in a co-op, though.