THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, February 01, 2008

Friday night

We ate a rainbow for dinner tonight. This is one of our favorite dinners, black bean burritos with clementines and sauted peppers and red onions.
Tonight the JV drill team had their first performance. They did awesome. It was really fun. They danced at the varsity basketball game. I, and J and many of her friends, hated the biker babe outfits they had to wear, the dance was cute though and for their first time it went well. I did sent Ms Rogers an email telling her I thought the dance was cute and the girls were having so much fun and she was doing a good job but the costumes were a little trashy...sadly I am sure it won't change the costumes any but it may ruin J's chances of making varsity for next year. I guess we'll see. It's really a tough call for me. I want the girls to be involved and participate in things, but it seems like there is always something in the way, whether it's the uniforms, sunday meets, or money or fill in the blank.
I got brother a bag of guys at the dollar spot in Target the other day. They had a battle in the living room this evening. Tonight after I was cleaning up I spotted these "scouts" on the hutch. He's fun to watch play, he likes to set up these very elaborate battles and divide his guys into platoons and formations ect. Today he was mad at Millie because she ate one of his captains. That made us laugh.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

Your dinner looks yummy!!!!

Glad the drill team drill--sorry about the costumes. I think it would be very sad if your comment ruins J's chances of making varsity--that would be so unfair. (But, I think you have a right to speak up ; )

Chellie said...

Yummy! I'll be right over!! :)

I understand the costume thing... However, even 13 years ago when I danced with the varsity drill team or was a cheerleader-- it sort of goes with it. I can't really see what they look like, but I recall wearing just beautiful handmade leotards and skin colored tights-- she seems more covered than that... anyway, it's great to speak your mind if you have a concern-- not enough people do that!! She looks adorable. You should put some video on here of her dancing! I'd love to see it!