THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, February 15, 2008

library

Last week when Lu and I spent so much time at the library. I was able to look for some "grown up books" and then this week with DH working nights I had time to read some :) I always read some; I just had time to read more. It was strange. Sitting in bed, alone, with the TV on & sound off and my book. I know it's odd but it's how I like to spend the evening. Anyway I read three books. An "Irish Country Doctor" was my favorite. It was written by the doctor himself and was a fun story of his early days as a GP. You have to forgive the language~ somehow swearing spelt in Irish is less offensive still there is some peppery language so I enjoyed it but couldn't recommend it to our ward book club.

Next I liked "the Sleeping Beauty Proposal" which is the cute story of a woman, in her 30s, who is unceremoniously and publicly dumped by her long term boyfriend and her quest for revenge and new love along the way. It had some "parts" to be skipped over but the story was cute.
Last I read "Life's a Beach", well I'm almost done reading it so I can't say yet.

Today DH, Papa, Lu and I went back to the library. Enjoyed our time in the stacks, stopped by Quiznos for some lunch and came home armed for a new week.
The 12 hour night shift is over so I'll probablly be back to my old pace of reading. However just for fun on my night stand this week:
Peace Like a River
At Home In Mitford
The First Word
Tipperary, a Novel
The Ever After Bird
and
Motherhood Made A Man Out of Me
We'll see which I finish :)

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

Wow--you are an avid reader!!! Those both sound like great books--I must admit I don't read as much as I should.

Glad your hubby is done with his night shift.

Joyismygoal said...

cool The Irish Dr sounds like one I would like and I think I have read alll the Mitford series is that a new one?

Chellie said...

Super cool! I love good books! ...and Quiznos :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! I love a good book, but lately all I get to read is "Payroll Accounting" and "US Gov't". BLAH! I usually go to the library, choose a book, then attempt to scan it for any lascivious material. Regardless, I would often get home and find only one out of three to be readable. UGH! I've come to believe that modern authors who lack in talent get published strictly due to the shock factor. I spent some time over the summer reading the classics which were much more reliable. I loved Les Miserables, but was unable to finish before a new semester.