THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 07, 2008

The year of the rat

Today is Chinese New Year. We went out for Chinese food to celebrate. The little kids wanted to buy fans, for a quarter, so I gave them each 25 cents. Somehow on the way to buy them they got sidetracked by the gum ball machine and each ended up with a huge gum ball instead.

The night shift is not an easy thing, for any of us. Poor DH came home so tired today. Unfortunately for us he is a very light sleeper. For example, at night if the girls have homework late and he goes to bed the sound of the keyboard on the computer keeps him awake. So does the sound of the refrigerator making ice. You can imagine the problems. We have been trying to stay out of the house for most of the school day, and not run the washer or anything. We have some mattresses in the garage and it hit me today that we should drag them upstairs and set up a bed for him there. It's well insulated and mom and dad say they can't hear anything that goes on downstairs from up there. We'll see if he thinks it's a good idea.

Last week I went to the doctor for the annual adjustment of the medications appointment. I have had this weird chest pain for about 7 years. It comes and goes; sometimes it's really bad, other times almost not noticeable. Anyway between that, my high cholesterol, history of heart disease, age and weight he wanted to send me for a stress test. Which I was not stressed about. I went today and it was very interesting. By the end I was "running" 5.2mph, on a 14% grade incline on the treadmill (can we say out of shape) Sheesh! I won't get the results for a week or so but I did last 9 minutes and the tech said that 6 is the average and my heart was still beating at the end so I take that as a good sign.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

I forgot it was Chinese New Year--fun idea to go out for Chinese food.

Sorry about your husband having a tough time with all the noise.

Glad your heart was still beating at the end of your run on the treadmill ; )

Chellie said...

Yummy yum! I love Chinese food and you are so cool to do a thing like that. I can't believe you are out of shape because all you do is go go go and do do do!!

I can not sleep during the day and the slightest bit of noise awakens me. I feel for your DH. Big time.

Funny about the treadmill. I hope the results come back great!

utmommy said...

I would've totally sucked at the treadmill thing. I'm not a good runner at all.

nikko said...

Chinese food = yum!

Hope the GVT doesn't last too long!

Britni said...

How do they measure your stress on a treadmill or is that just a figure of speech? Maybe I should try that :) Anything to get me back on a treadmill.