THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, February 09, 2008

a tragedy

A young man who is in our ward, well his mother and sister are, he grew up here and doesn't live far away, was shot in his yard early this morning; and killed. He was handsome and adventurous and a nice guy. A couple years older than Dani. I feel so sad for him mom and little sister. What a terrible waste.

I never know quite what to do. We'll bring dinner in on Monday and help with the funeral. S and J will be good friends to Megan and we'll pray for the family.

Two thoughts, you just never know what will happen from day to day and it's so important to live your life with purpose. Doing what is most important first. Letting your priorities guide your actions and not just the ease of the way.

I thought of his mother, did they have a nice visit recently? Did he tell her he loved her, did she? Hopefully, I don't know although I have no reason to think not. I just need to remember to tell my children and husband. Whenever it's my turn, or the turn of someone dear to me to pass on I want to leave with good relationships, with my life in order.

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

That is so sad--and it is a terrible waste.

You are so right--you never know and we do have to keep our priorities straight and always remember to let everyone know how much we love them.

I have a good life said...

It is such a tragedy! Thank-you for being willing to help. I think every time something like this happens we do ponder our own fleetingness and not knowing which breath will be our last. It is so hard to remember to enjoy each second...but reminders like this help us do so a little better.

nikko said...

It is so sad. I've been pondering those same things today and yesterday.

Gabriela said...

how sad. :( You just never know-you're right-we need to make sure our relationships are always the best they can be.

lera said...

That is very sad.

I have thought abut these kinds of things for several years, since one of my little sisters was killed in a car accident. The morning of the day she died, she had called my mother to wish her a happy anniversary. My mother did not know that it would be the last time she talked to her. You never know what will happen next in life. Don't leave it with regrets.

Britni said...

I heard about this, and it made me really sad. You really never know what's going to happen. So many things happening lately that just remind me how blessed I am and how I need to really show my love to those around me because I might not get a second chance.

AngeeBee said...

If you wouldn't mind please tell his family that our thoughts and prayers will be with them; especially his parents.

We know that they have a wonderful support system around them - as we know that Saginaw ward will take care of the family and assist them through this tragedy. We send our love, prayers and wishes that we were there to do more.