THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, February 22, 2008

keeping track

work outs:
Tuesday~ Yoga. Loved it.
Wednesday~ Zumba ~ loved it, but it kicked my butt :)
Thursday~ Yoga. It was okay. I like Julie a lot better.
Friday~ fusion. Heart stopping hard for a webble like me and there were only 4 other people in the class so there was no where to hide..but I'll probably go back.

books:
life's a beach~ what you'd expect. A froofry, summer read. Romance and a twist. skip some "parts" but other wise okay.
motherhood made a man our of me~ new moms adjust to being moms, with a twist. Why do I read drivel?
the ever after bird~ really good. It's the story of a northern abolitionist and his niece and slavery of course. Historical Fiction. Written for teens so it's quick but well written and a good look at what life was like then. I'd like it read it out loud to H this summer, but we'll see, it might be too old for her.
the amber spyglass~ the third in the golden compass series. I read it. I am not a thinker but I wanted to see for myself and in the reading I liked the story, enjoyed the science fictiony aspect of it. It might not be for kids, if you are worried about their testimonies, but to me it was like a lot of SF/Fantasy. It is a totally different world, and has nothing to do with a true and living God. At the end of the day I thought he did a good job. His world view, the story he painted anyway, was one that is completely different than what I know is true and right and it made me sad for people who believe that. It's hard to find meaning in life if you think "this is it". It made me grateful all over again for a loving Father in Heaven who does care about us and for the great Plan of Happiness that we know about and get to participate in.


yucky meals served to my family:
only one got a big thumbs down this week and I thought it was delicious (so did grandma, J and Papa) It is German pancakes with sautéed veggies on it.
To make pancakes melt 1/4 cup butter in a cake pan. In blender mix one cup milk, one cup flour and 5 eggs added one at a time. Once butter is melted pour in batter and bake for 15 minutes at 400.
Meanwhile sauté mushrooms, sliced zuch, and carrots in oil. Mix with a cup of shredded gouda cheese.
After pancakes bake spread veggies on top, sprinkle with more cheese and broil until melted. Yummm

Potty accidents~
one day, that being yesterday, she had the runs and ended up in diapers. Today all is well again.

6 comments:

utmommy said...

I'm going to have to try that yucky recipe!

How do have time to read so much?

Good job on the workouts. Too bad we didn't live by each other than we could sweat and get our butts kicked together!

nikko said...

That yucky meal sounds so interesting. I don't think my kids would go for it, either.

Good for you for working out!

Yvonne said...

I'm with utmommy--how do you find the time to read as much as you do? (Do you ever sleep??????)

Great job on the workouts--nice way to keep track.

The recipe looks interesting--I love vegetables and so does Allan, so I'm sure we'd like it.

Anna said...

i have been totally obsessed with "germans" for the past month. but i'm not sure about topping them with veggies...yuck! I'll stick with syrup. Yumm!!

wendy said...

I love your lists! Good job going to the gym - I wish ours offered yoga during preschool (they only offer a mommy and baby one)

Thanks for the book list - I will look for The Ever After Bird.

Your yucky dish looks really yummy!

I have a good life said...

Way to go on the working out! :) I am impressed!