THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

#1391

I'm in the que to register the girls for EFY this summer. I've been in the que for an hour now and am #1391 out of a million or so. I have been #1391 for a long time now.

They say it doesn't matter when you register, but frankly I don't believe "them" so I wait. I go clean something and come back and check. I go read a story and come back and check. I steam an artichoke and come back and check.

tick...tock...tick...tock

edited to answer questions. EFY stands for especailly for youth. It is a wonderful program put on by BYU for young people ages 14-18. They meet at college campuses around the US for week long conferences in the summer. They do service projects, have dances, go to classes, sleep in the dorms,play games and have a wonderful time. It's focus is spiritual but it's also like a retreat/team building/summer camp expereince. D went two years and S went last year. This year S and J both hope to go.

We have three work stations in our house and I had one computer trying to register (which I still haven't been able to do) while I blogged on another. I know, we're spoiled!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry if I'm a dork, but what is EFY? And you are blogging while in line?

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Anne/kq said...

My husband and his sibs and all their friends always went to EFY every year. I found this bizzare because they do not usually have EFY around here and it is only the very rich kids whose parents send them. Also I hate the music! (I can think of one exception and one only.) But it didn't seem to harm them, so I'm glad if your kids enjoy them. :)