THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, January 12, 2007

What are you doing today?

DH asked me that this morning. Nothing, I replied.
What does that mean he wanted to know.

Well, it means I am not planning on leaving the house for anything. Brother had a fever last night and still does today so we are planning on hanging out at home.

After he left I thought to myself I'd better get started on all the nothing I am doing today.
So far I have gotten up.
Helped H get bathed and ready for the day.
Made cinnamon rolls for the kids. and oatmeal for H.
Drove the kids to school.
Bathed G and fed her breakfast and got her ready for the day.
Did 3 loads of laundry.
Cleaned 2 bathrooms.
Made my bed and brothers.
Made brother pancakes when he finally felt like eating at 11am.
Got him dressed.
Picked up the bedrooms and the living room.
Read several stories.
Changed a couple diapers.
Made some dinner group phone calls.
Acted as the help desk for Dad's computer question.
Fixed lunch.
Played w/ Lucy.
Brought brother drink and tylenol.
Switched games in the x-box for him.
Put Lou down for a nap.
Cleaned the kitchen.
Talked to my sister on the phone.
Took out the trash.
Answered a couple other phone calls.
Checked my blog.
swept the laundry room.

and it's 2:30. I still have several hours of doing nothing left today.

6 comments:

wendy said...

Nothing. That is always my standard answer. I love your list of important nothingness.

When talking to friends, recently, I was asked what I've been up to in Hawaii, and I, too said: Nothing. I mean, other than the nice weather, beaches, and yelling army guys my life is the same wherever we go: laundry dishes and bedtime stories. And I love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow, even your nothing looks busy!

utmommy said...

R asked me that same question this morning and I gave him the same answer. But my list of nothing keeps getting longer and longer.

Melessa Gregg said...

That's the kind of "nothing" I do here too. Except you've accomplished a lot more than me today.

Teresa said...

I LOVE this post. It puts a SAHM in perspective. I have such respect for all moms who stay home! It takes such a wonderful and strong person! Kudos to all of the "nothing" that you do!

I have a good life said...

I love this post! I am so full of "nothing" to do and sometimes I feel like the DHs in our lives don't understand all of it! (Perhaps they are just too literal!) The problem is...when that list of "nothings" are completed, twice as many "nothings" have taken their place--screaming for attention!

Thanks for putting it in perspective!