THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, January 27, 2007

I hate to be cold!!!

Winter is my least favorite season. Of course I love Christmas and the rare dusting of snow is fun but other than that it stinks. I hate wearing a jacket inside the house since DH likes to keep the heater set at a brisk 68. Brrr! I hate getting out of the shower and having the arctic blast hit my bare skin as I run for clothes. I also don't like finding jackets and sock and hats and bundling everyone up to go to the mall and then what do we do with the 8 jackets and hats and mittens and whatever while we walk around?
I do like making soup, which is sort of a wintry dish. And I like hot chocolate. Mostly I am very glad to live in TX where the temp. is warm most of the year.

Here's a little reminiscing from warm days past to hold us through until the spring:



Our first summer with our own pool. H went from scardy cat to slippery fish. She LOVES the water.
J at the St Louis zoo in July. Nice and hot!

Swimming in San Antonio on a fun long weekend trip we took to see the Alamo and Seaworld.

Weekend is going well. Last night mom, S and J and I went to the movies. Dad and DH watched E and G and H got to spend the night with Emmaline, her friend down the street.
Today DH is playing paintball, S had drill team practice.
Tonight we're going to the temple with Mom and Dad. J will baby-sit and S is going to a fundraiser at the HS for a girl who has osteosarcoma. After the temple we're trying out a new restaurant in Dallas, the Clay Pot. Indian cuisine.

Big bummer of the weekend we found out the girls didn't get picked for EFY. They, and I , are very sad.

5 comments:

Chellie said...

Very cool. I love the springtime.. we can't wait for it around here!
Aren't we spoiled in these lovely climates!

Gabriela said...

I grew up in CO and really think I miss the winters, but when I had to get up early one day while we were in UT over New Year's I thought about what it would be like to get kids out to a bus in that weather and I didn't miss it so much.

I think my blood has thinned!

yerdoingitwrong said...

ooooh, I love the warm weather pics. I'm ready for the sunshime. I miss wearing flip flops every day!!

Anne/kq said...

Have fun! The Clay Pot is okay, but I can recommend better Indian food in Dallas, if you're ever interested. Also, there's a great Lebanese place in Richardson that I absolutely adore and never miss when I'm back out there...

I could go on and on about the food I discovered in Dallas. I'm happy to be back in L.A. but every once in a while I miss some of those unique little restaurants!

talitha said...

That's a bummer about EFY. Have you thought of EFY up at BYU-Idaho? I think they have several sessions this year.

Since BYU Utah's Education Week falls on our first week of school, we are going to try to attend BYU-I's Education Week which is in July.

Just a thought!