THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, January 29, 2007

Moroccan Chicken Stew

I tried a new recipe tonight. Not everyone loved it but I thought it was really "yumm-o".
The vote went: Mom and Dad (who have dinner and FHE with us each Monday) both liked it. S thought it had too much squash. E ate some but not a lot. J liked it. DH not so much. H and G liked it well enough to share a second bowl at bedtime.

1 T oil
1 small onion chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 t turmeric
1/4 t cinnamon
3 whole cloves
2 bay leaves
2 cups chicken broth
4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 can whole tomatoes
1 large carrot sliced
1 can green beans
1 small summer squash, sliced
1 can chickpeas
1/2 t salt
1/3 cup golden raisins

In a large pot heat oil. Saute onion and garlic for 2-3 mintues until onion is clear. Stir in turmeric, cinnamon, cloves, and bay leaves and cook the mixture for 2-3 more minutes.
Add the chicken broth, thighs and tomatoes and bring the stew to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
Stir in carrots, green beans, squash, chickpeas and salt. Cook, covered, stiring occasionally for 10 minutes.
Add the raisins. Raise heat and cook for 10 more minutes.
Ladle stew into a shallow bowl around a mound of couscous.

I had to double it.

We served it with salad, olives, sweet pickles and sliced cantalope.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should try this. But what is a mound of couscous?


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

nikko said...

Ooo. I think it sounds yummy. Thanks for posting the recipe!

Anne/kq said...

That's a lot like something I often make without a recipe! Seems like there's nothing wrong with it to me. ;)

Lei said...

it's so funny - "yumm-o" is the exact word that came to mind when i read the recipe!

yerdoingitwrong said...

mmmmmmmm. That looks good! The raisins are interesting, but I'll bet it helps to make the recipe.