THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 11, 2007

stinky dogs, mung beans and such

Today I cleaned out E's closet. It looks so nice. All his shirts are hanging up, how long do you think that will last?
Papa popped by with chicken for lunch as a surprise. The kids are always thrilled to see him, as am I.
We also washed Millie's bed. She's been a stinky dog lately. So much so that we banished her to brother's room and after two nights he told me he couldn't sleep with her because of the smell.

Funny conversation from yesterday.
We were driving in the car to take S to school.
Brother: let's play my thinking game.
Me: sure
Brother: ummm, okay you go first.
Me: I'm thinking of something that is short and red and holds water and is usually made of metal.
Brother yells out: "a DUCK!"
S and I cracking up: what else floats?
Me: Bub, did you hear the hints?
Brother: yes, oh I know... a fire hydrant.

I made another dinner the family liked tonight. Lettuce Wraps. They were very easy and yummy.
Stir fry ground pork and veal (I actually didn't use veal because I think it's mean to eat it), chopped onions, and garlic. When it's done add mung beans, 2 T oyster sauce, 1 t soy sauce and mix well. Stir a little longer. Serve in lettuce. 7 pts for two.

4 comments:

The Amazing Trips said...

Gosh, your DH builds planes and you are afraid to fly?? Is he afraid to fly?? Can he give me a good reason why the wings will stay on at 38K feet and you are bouncing around in the worst turbulence imaginable??

That's probably what scares me the most.

I can't eat veal either. I haven't had it since I was about 7 and I learned where it came from. Your lettuce wraps sound great. I love ordering those from PF Changs ... I might have to try making them at home! :)

Anonymous said...

I've never had veal. Those lettuce wraps sound good, are they pretty healthy or should I not even consider them?

utmommy said...

A Duck!! I'd be laughing too.

Suzanne said...

Call me crazy, but what exactly are mung beans???

Your son is so cute! :)