THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Snow Day

Dawn was greeted with rejoicing and a plate of pancakes. Well, not really dawn but some pre-dawn moment when our alarm went off and it was soo freezing cold that when my toes hit the tile I knew we were in for a bone chilling day. Then the welcome news...SNOW DAY!!!

I happily snuggled back under the covers and as each child sleepily stumbled into our room one at a time over the next hour we said 'guess what?! No School.'

Yeah!!


This is our snow picture. I tried to take it against the wall so you could see the flakes falling. They were big and fluffy for a while. Now they're pretty much gone but we're hopeful for more.

While my sister in Utah laughs her head off at our wimpyness I will share this line that really sums it up:

To Quote Antique Mommy

"Texans are tough when it comes to the heat. 103 degrees for ten days in a row? We laugh at that. Ha! And then we order chips and salsa to eat outside on the patio. But get a little ice, a little wintry mix? We cower in our house and eat cookies. And our trees faint dead away."

Who cares? We have the day off of school and she doesn't. Laugh at that! And I have free labor for the day and some chores that I have been waiting to do. And when we are done we'll don our snowpants and go outside and try to scrape up a snowball....if we use our whole acre and a half we might get a teeny tiny snowman! And I'll make cookies. And I finally made it on to the EFY website. And the new AR cast is up and some of my favorites are back. What a great day!

9 comments:

Suzanne said...

I've heard the ice storms there are terrible! My BIL had to fly out to DC on Monday and he was supposed to have a layover in Texas, but the flight was canceled. I think he ended up going through Chicago instead. Hopefully you don't have to drive anywhere in these conditions!

It sounds like you have a nice day ahead of you. Enjoy the snow while it lasts! :)

utmommy said...

No school, yeah for you! I'm still laughing a little though.

Anonymous said...

Yay for snow days!

Gabriela said...

Have tons of fun.

We used to live in DC and I thought they were pretty wimpy there (I grew up in CO), but then I realized they were shrewd, not wimpy; they close the government down so fast on just a snow warning so that everyone can stay home and play!

nikko said...

Yeah, I was all about the free labor, too. Each boy did 4 chores before they could play in the snow. I've never seen them do chores so fast!

Joyismygoal said...

Looks like a funday. What is AR and Is that what Rob's comment is about or is he still dreaming? And we got right on EFY today too.

Mary said...

Fun! Snow in Texas, I'm sure you need a day to celebrate that eh?

Oh, and that plate with the pancakes brings back memories of my childhood.

Anonymous said...

OOOOH NOOOO!!!! I took pics of my pancakes yesterday too!!!

Well, I will wait awhile for that entry - :0) LOL!!!

The new Slide show looks like fun!

My adopted sister and I were talking about how they were off from work all week last night. She said though no ice on her car at midnight, so that was a good sign. I think staying indoors through the ice is a smart idea - of course, up here that would mean staying in doors for months on in - yeah right!

ENJOY!!!!

Phae-Jae said...

I'm your ARKIE neighbor and we've only had ice...yuck. I'm glad Rob and Amber are back on A R, it'll be a fun season!