THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

OwlHaven's writing contest.

I Am
I am the first baby girl born in San Francisco, Ca to immigrant parents. The first to start life on US soil and in freedom passed down through generations.
Who loved to see the camels at the zoo, and Baba Katya, and reading National Geographics.
I am the child who played in the warm summer sand and weeded the garden and cried over multiplication tables.
Who loved horses and reading and drawing pictures.
Who stored a hoof pick in my treasure box in hopes of someday having a horse of my own.
Who dreamed of adventure in space and never thought she would be a mom to many young adventurers.
I am the teenager who lived for stake dances.
Who wore 501’s and a “life’s a beach” tee shirt and loved donuts and hated that darn rubix cube that I never did solve.
Who spent the morning in the surf and then the afternoon in the snow (only in CA)
Who dreamed of seeing the world and knew she would make a difference some how.
I am the woman who became a mom when I was still just a girl.
Who loves God and Family and Friends
I am the mother who loves sweet little feet and goes crazy if I have to sort socks and whose moments of perfect bliss come as I sit at the table with all of my dear ones and listen to their chatter, and laughter, and yes even their fights.
I am the mom who loves baking and avoids going to the dentist and who tries to be a good example each day.
I am the woman who is patient and kind and a little bit quiet.
I am the person who survived cancer and divorce but still can't put her face under water.
I am the woman who still loves chocolate and sandy days by the surf, but never will fit those 501’s again.
Who still longs to learn how to knit, or speak Hebrew, or bake a perfect funnel cake.
I am the person who dreams of her children’s future and a day of peace and is grateful for each breath I take, for each one is a gift from a loving Heavenly Father.
~~~~~~~~~~~
To participate click here, leave a comment and tell her that txmommy sent you. Also let me know if you are writing one of your own.

11 comments:

Special K ~Toni said...

That was great...."hated that darn rubix cube that I never did solve."- I'm in that club also! :)

Donna. W said...

Very well done!

wendy said...

that is beautiful! You are amazing!

utmommy said...

Like I've said before, I want to be like you when I grow up. That was very lovely!

Joyismygoal said...

Wow, I am in awe of your writing and of our similarities even down tobaby feet there must,must be something to birthdates.

Mel said...

That was beautifully written!

Phae-Jae said...

Aww...the stake dance days. I can hear "Groovy kinda Love" just thinking about them!
I participated and let her know you sent me!

Mella said...

Wonderful!

owlhaven said...

This was just great-- loved the hoof pick!!

Mary

Anonymous said...

the only way i solved the rubix cube was by taking it apart. just couldn't stand to let it win. ;)

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful and tender...