THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 07, 2007

my day

Papa and Grandma are back from CA. My sister Anna isn't well yet, I am worried about her. She is SO thin and recovering with many set backs. Today DH and I fasted for her again. Of course I want everything to be wonderful and easy for those I love. Trusting the Lord that He knows what is best for Anna and Amadeo is what we have to do though.

Today was our first day going to church on the new schedule. We go in the afternoon now. The big girls are happy about it. They like sleeping in and thought fasting was easier. For the babies it was awful. Lucy was wiggly at church, which is no different than our morning time slot. She came home tired and cranky though and missed her nap. Not fun. We'll adjust.

Tonight we celebrated Christmas with mom and dad. It was very nice. Dinner is always especially good on Fast Sunday. After dinner we opened presents; brother was thrilled to get a robot and a huge ugly dragon, H went to bed listening to her new music player with headphones, Lucy happily opened everything with great enthusiasm, the big girls were happy to see grandma and Papa again and enjoyed getting some gifts the night before going back to school! It's fun to have them back...even though now we're excited to have them leave again on a mission soon.

Gross things that happened today: We have trouble with nakedness and Lucy, she strips off her clothes all the time. Not an endearing habit. S used to do the same thing. I remember one time when J was a tiny baby and we were grocery shopping. I had J in a carrier on my chest and D was walking and I was pulling the cart with S sitting in it and J was crying a lot and loudly, D was "helping" and before I noticed D told me that S was naked. We had to back track through the aisle and the one before it to gather all the things she had taken off and thrown out. Anyway, Lou does that same thing. She was ready for church and upstairs playing with E. Next thing I know she was downstairs, diaperless, telling me she had pooped. There was evidence of that on her bum and on the stairs she had slid down. So I got to clean her, clean the stairs, go up and find the diaper and clean that too. THEN at church her diaper leaked on my lap EEEWH!

Other random things: The girls are looking at EFY schedules and getting excited about that. I am planning activities dates for the year, and have to work on dinner groups for this weekend. I wore heels to church today, they were low ones but my ankle is feeling a little better so that is good news. I miss D. When I talk to her it seems like she and Greg are happy so that makes me very glad. Starting a diet tomorrow. (large expulsion of breath) I want to be healthier, I want to be thinner. Problem: I love to cook, love to eat, love to read recipes and plan menus...but I want to be around to see 5 more weddings and go on my own mission so I guess this is as good a time as any to get on the ball. J just made another load pink, poor thing (laughing quietly behind her back). Tomorrow S drives herself to seminary, WOO HOO!! J found the culprit, a new red tank. Sad day. Tragic laundry catastrophe, now I feel bad for her.

9 comments:

Melessa Gregg said...

My youngest DD has a problem keeping her clothes on too. This drives me nuts because:
a) None of my other kids did and I don't know what to do.
b) It looks white-trashy and we already live in Oklahoma.
c) It's cold out right now! What can she be thinking?

I'm glad to see it's not a lapse in my mothering skills that is causing it. Just a phase she's going through.

Now that all the stocking candy is gone and the holiday leftovers have been consumed, it's tme for me to start eating better too.

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you with the whole naked thing... I've had one go through it and Orion is going through it now... I just try to picture telling them what they put me through as my grandchildren put them through it too... :)

Good luck with the diet! And I hope your sister gets better soon. It is scary.

utmommy said...

Poor J.
Laughing at Lucy!
Yeah for S!
My S got the same dragon as E.

Suzanne said...

LOL! My 3-year old "J" still loves to get naked. I'm trying to devise ways to keep his clothes on, but so far I'm not successful. Life just must be more comfortable that way.

How fun that your family came to visit you! I love round 2 of Christmas! :)

nikko said...

I love to stretch out holidays as long as I can, too. So happy that your mom and dad are back in town. I hope Anna gets better soon.

This late afternoon church schedule is going to take some getting used to!

Your random part of your post cracked me up. Glad I'm not the only one whose brain works like that... ;o)

Dani said...

www.twobrandts.blogspot.com

Joyismygoal said...

Oh boy I never had naked kids (except after bathsor during) but cowboy boots w/ a batman costume or pirate shirt w/ ninja headgear were very common here.:o

Debbie said...

thanks for the update on anna. we are going to go over and visit with them and bring them dinner. she is in our prayers.

yerdoingitwrong said...

I was always trying to be naked as a kid. Drove my mother nuts!!!

Hope your sis is okay. Thinking of you.