THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Brownies...Straight from the pages of Taste of Home to my kitchen

I spent a few minutes browsing my cook books to find a recipe to make to take to my friend. Actually that is a favorite past-time of mine, browsing recipes. I chose one and after getting the missing ingredients from the store I headed to the kitchen to start creating. I was all alone, mixing and measuring. I should have known something was wrong. Where was my "help"? Instead of enjoying the peaceful whir of the mixer I should have suspected something was amiss.
Lucy, who can get into anything, had gone to the pantry and gotten several packages of Dinosaur Egg Oatmeal. She then took them to the living room, ripped open the packages, emptied out the offending oats and retrieved her prize. I little pile of dinosaur eggs which she then could suck on and get the candy out of the middle.
Isn't she cute?
The brownies turned out great. This is not a good picture of them but they are absolutely worth a try.
1-1/3 cups all purpose flour
1-1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup each milk chocolate chips, semisweet chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
3 snickers bars. cut into 1/4in pieces.
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Combine the eggs and butter; add to dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chips.
Transfer to greased 13x9 in pan. Bake at 350 for 30 min. Immediately sprinkle with candy bars. Cool and cut into bars

4 comments:

yerdoingitwrong said...

I'm dieting, too. Well, my version of dieting...it's not very hard core. ugh. I hate it. And tomorrow I have to weigh in. BUT, all I can think about right now is eating that whole pan of brownies. THEY LOOK SO GOOD!!

Anonymous said...

Um, hey, that's not helpful. At all. They look sooooo good.

She's a cutie!

Suzanne said...

Um...you've succeeded in making my mouth water just by looking at the screen! :D I'll definitely have to try those out! :D

utmommy said...

What a good little helper Lucy is!!

We are definitly making those for our superbowl party!