THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Clear the roads

Today I took S down to the DPS (still can't get used to calling it that, where I grew up it was the DMV) and she got her drivers license. We stood in line forever, with a million other people. The first time through the line we got told her permit had expired and we needed a new form. As we walked to the car we thought that can't be right, checked again and it wasn't and went back in. That time we made it through and now our city streets have one more brand new driver on them. She is very excited and I learned that whatever the name the office runs the same from state to state.

We were home about 20 minutes when she and J came up with an emergency errand that had to be taken care of right then and there, and she offered to run it :) They went to Blockbuster and swapped out movies.

The rest of the day wasn't nearly as eventful. The little kids had friends over, we made cookies, I ignored the laundry and read for an hour on the couch instead. We read "The Berenstain Bears Summer Camp" , "The Three Bears", "Chicken Little", "Little Red Riding Hood", "The Castle Ghost" and a few others.

Tonight S and J drove to YW all by themselves.

7 comments:

Mel said...

Having another driver is going to come in handy, isn't it? Congrats!

Joyismygoal said...

Congrats S!!!! Way to goand go and go and go.....:)

Teresa said...

Oh my....I haven't read up on your site in awhile. Seems like a lot has gone on. I guess that's the case when you have 6 kiddos.

Looks like you had a great Christmas, New Years and school holiday! Chicken pillows sound yummy, I'll have to try them.

Congrats on the driver's license too! whew-ho!

Suzanne said...

How exciting for "S"! That's such a fun time in life. You'll love that extra time now that she can drive! :)

nikko said...

Yay S!

Anne/kq said...

My husband sometimes still says DPS, and we've been out here a year and a half now! It always seemed weird to me, too.

utmommy said...

I can't believe she's driving.