THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, January 15, 2007

One on one time with the grands!


MLK day at our house was very nice. H had spent the night at Grandmas and ended up staying all day. It was a real treat for her to have her grandparents all to herself. They baked cookies, played games, did some chores and went to the movies to see "Happy Feet". They also went house looking. Fun Fun.

When they got to our house for FHE H was very excited to share news of her day and I could tell she really enjoyed herself. I am grateful to have them living close by to share these times with us. Last night we were watching BYU tv and the YW general presidency were giving a training meeting for YW leaders. One of the things they said that I thought was really important is that the number one thing that helps a girl stay faithful is involvement with an adult who shows an interest in her, an adult besides her mom or dad. The three most likely and effective people to fill that roll are: an older sibling, a YW leader or a grandmother.

We had dinner and FHE together tonight. We played pictionary jr, which went well. Everyone could participate and I think everyone thought it was fun. Grandma brought her dry erase markers and board over and that added a lot to the fun.
Then we had dancing.

Now I've got everyone tucked into bed and "24" on tape ready to go.

2 comments:

utmommy said...

I'm sooo jealous. You guys always have fun.

And I'm mad at you. I think you have something against commenting on my blog these days :)

wendy said...

I think those YW leaders are on to something - it makes me wish my mom was close here for my girls.