THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, January 18, 2007

study study


Last 6 weeks J picked a book for her reader responses that she ended up hating and she was tortured by it. To The Lighthouse" by Viginia Woolf. The assingment took the whole 6 weeks as she procrastinated, cried, complained and agonized.
This time she brought me her list and I highlighted the books I thought she'd enjoy. She chose "Night" by Elie Wiesel, read it in two days, and is already finding quotes.
I love a good book!

7 comments:

wendy said...

Looks like a good book! I wrote it down and will have to look for it at the library next week.

utmommy said...

That one is on my list!

Unknown said...

Oh the joy of schoolwork. I'm glad J had a good book to read this time! I love a good book, too!

Joyismygoal said...

Good book and good not to procrastinate:)weseem to haveto learn that the hard way sometime don'twe

I have a good life said...

Sounds like a good book! I am always looking for more good books to read!

By the way...I'm glad you liked the "mud soup!" It is so easy to make--I don't really measure..I just throw it together.

*1 Kielbasa-type sausage (I usually use turkey and I usually only use 1/2 of it--but if you like more meat, use the whole thing)

*garlic and onion (sometimes real, sometimes powder--depending on the rush)

*2 cans black beans

*2 chicken boullion cubes

*1-3 cups water, depending on your preferred consistency

*1-4 tsp. crushed red peppers- depending on your spice tolerance!

Brown the sausage with the garlic and onion. Dump in the rest and simmer for however long you have/need. Top with sour cream.

Yummy!

Thanks for hosting today. It was fun!

Chellie said...

I loved that book too! Makes such a difference when a book can keep your interest or not!

Anonymous said...

That is one of my FAVORITE books.