THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Feeding the missionaries

Tonight we got to share a meal with the missionaries. It's always fun to have them come. We made chicken pillows, which is a favorite. H likes to help in the kitchen whenever I cook, she also likes to watch cooking shows. Maybe we have a budding chef?
I also made ribbon jell-o and S made brownies. For an extra side, and because we are STILL eating veggies from the wedding, we served carrots and dip.

After dinner the elders shared a lesson on the plan of happiness which the kids enjoyed a lot.

It would have been a great evening except that H cracked another tooth jumping around with E after the elders left, and DH was a bit grouchy at dinner.


On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 7.


Chicken Pillows

bake 5-7 chicken breasts. Shred. Add sliced mushrooms (about a cup), 1/2 cup chopped green onions, 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 8oz cream cheese softened. Stir.

Put mixture inside a Pillsbury crescent roll dough triangle. Pull up side and pinch together to make a cute little dumpling.
Bake on a greased cookie sheet according to directions on crescent roll package. They are yummy!!

5 comments:

utmommy said...

How many teeth is that now?

I love chicken pillows!

Joyismygoal said...

OOOhh sorry about the teeth.
Those missionaries are amazingElder V brought tears to my eyes w/ his sincerity and testimony

yerdoingitwrong said...

mmmmmmmm. Those SOUND very yummy. I'm going to have to make them!!! =)

Chellie said...

cute story. My DH promised the missionaries a seafood dinner when they came over next... ugh. Hope he plans on preparing it! :-) I make those chicken things too, but I call them chicken roll-ups and use some cream cheese in the mixture too... YUM!

Anne/kq said...

My mother-in-law makes those-- one of her more edible meals. *shudders at the thought of some others*

I always try to cook a little bit gourmet when the missionaries come over, it's pretty much the only chance I get to feed people other than my family.