THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, January 22, 2007

Where I admit to being the world's biggest slacker.

I've been "dieting", whatever that means. Week two just finished. Week one I did great, stayed on points lost weight. I was happy. Week two I stayed on pts as well. On Friday I snuck onto the scale and was glad to see it was down 3 more lbs. I thought for sure by Monday I'd be down 4. Today, my official weigh in day, I had only lost 2 lbs from last week. I gained one back? How did that happen? I didn't even cheat. What's up with that? I was annoyed.
So, what did I do? What any normal person would. I made a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies, and ate some. ( I would have made chocolate chip cookies but we didn't have any chocolate chips)
Some I put on a plate and took them to my friend Nikko.
Because I'm a nice neighbor? No.
Because it's her birthday? No.
It was because I am the world's worst borrower. She brought me homemade pizza when I broke my ankle. I had several friends bring in meals and I thought I returned all their dishes but apparently not. Saturday night she told my mom I had two of her pizza pans. Today I found them. One of them had been used by my DH to catch water that was dripping out of our AC and is still there. So before I could return them we had to go buy a new one to replace that one. Then I made the cookies and we walked over both pans and the plate (paper). If I have anything else that belongs to anyone I know IRL let me know (except joyismygoal...I know I have your videos I'll bring them back to you soon)
And I have yet to write thank you notes for Christmas, although I bought note cards a couple weeks ago and I am grateful.
And now instead of cleaning my house I am blogging, and instead of fixing dinner tonight I ordered pizza, and .....
the list goes on.
If you are a RLF of mine you might want to reconsider :)

11 comments:

Holger Danske said...

I think I could get you a run for slacker champ. I had a broken seat belt in my truck. I just had it fixed, it broke in 1995.

Anonymous said...

Ok, first of all, stay off of the scale until your official weigh in day. Trust me it will drive you crazy. And second of all, I bet those cookies weren't as bad as the chocolate cake I had earlier today. Darn coworkers.

Mel said...

If forgetting things and ordering out makes you a slacker than I'm definately a slacker too!

Katherine@Raising Five said...

Too funny! I started keeping a list on my fridge - things borrowed and things lent - because it was getting so out of hand. I tell people to label everything if their kids come here - if it ends up in my laundry it might never get out!

Joyismygoal said...

Speaking as a rlf(is that rolling laughing friend?) It all comes out in the wash and if you're keeeping track? do we all have to? I sure hope not... but you are a good friend to so many and you have such fun at your house I am sure the dishes etc... enjoy their visits at your house:)

Anonymous said...

I still have items from when I was on bedrest..

not that I didn't try to give them back - NO ONE WOULD CLAIM THEM! LOL!!!

So... am I a slacker too? Probably.

Love your solution to the lbs. added. I have a friend that recommended "The False Fat Diet" to me - it's on my "to buy soon" list. The 15 lbs. I've lost so far are a direct result to not eating those things that I'm allergic or have a sensitivity to - no diets. :)

nikko said...

"If you are a RLF of mine you might want to reconsider"

Whatever.

I figured you had forgotten about them, otherwise you would have returned them. It wasn't that big of a deal. I would remember every few weeks, and then promptly forget again. The only reason I even told your mom was because we were already talking about The Great Unsolved Crock Pot mystery. And, just for the record, I don't think you have anything else of mine. Do I have anything of yours??

Thanks for the new pan, though. And the cookies. They were nummy.

Our Christmas thank you's are about half done. Yup, slacker material here, too.

Suzanne said...

It sounds like you're doing great with your diet! I'm doing the same. Sometimes I'll gain a pound too and I don't know why. I think a women's hormones may have something to do with it.

LOL at the missing pizza pans! After I had my first son, I kept dishes from meals brought to me for about 3 months. It became really stressful so now when I take meals to people, I've changed how I do it. I only send dinners in dishes that the people can throw away. That way I don't have to worry about getting my dishes back and the person doesn't have to worry about washing them and returning them.

Silly I know, but for me, I'd rather cook my own dinner then remember who's dishes I need to return! :)

wendy said...

I'm with Suzanne - I try to only give away those fake-o ziplock dishes, because I am the worlds worst returner. I always feel like I need to bake cookies to return the dish in, but I never quite get around to baking and then I feel guilt....

utmommy said...

I don't think anyone would ever reconsider having you as a friend!

I have a good life said...

As one of your RLFs (If you know me--I am an RLF in more ways than one!), I would NEVER give you up! And, I know for a fact that there are bunches of us that would never reconsider! You are one of the greatest friends on the planet.

Thanks for hosting bookclub.
Thanks for the Enrichment link.
Thanks for the robe slacker me didn't return for almost a month!
Thanks for making me laugh and realizing that we are all so much more alike than we are different!
Thanks for being you!