THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Clay Pit

Turns out the restaurant is called the Clay Pit. It was really good. I had mango curry chicken which was delish! They served us family style so we got to try a little of everyone's dish. I liked all but dad's choice. He got something that was a little too hot for me. Everyone else liked all of dishes. The Naan was also very good.
All these years we've been stopping at Chili's on the way home from the temple and little did we know just 3 blocks farther there are a TON of interesting restaurants. We'll be venturing that way to try more in the future.
We had a nice evening. I saw a friend of mine that was in my ward in CA in the temple. It was so fun to catch up with her while we were leaving. Her little boy, who I taught in primary, is serving a mission in Peru right now. His older brother just got home from his mission. She's a grandma as her oldest daughter is married. Fun! It's a small world :)

Today is Happy Sabbath day. Starting at 1pm this year is really different. We have a lot of time in the morning. Which is nice. Church is in the middle of nap time, which is not so nice.
It's cold and sunny day. E has the scripture and prayer in primary and tonight is General Priesthood Meeting.

2 comments:

Anne/kq said...

The Dallas Temple is, like, 15 minutes from where I used to live. Here are some of the places that I liked to eat when we lived there:

Purdy's is hamburgers, but not your everyday fast-food joint. http://dallas.citysearch.com/profile/41038136/richardson_tx/purdy_s_hamburger_market.html

The Grand Cafe is my absolute favorite place in Richardson. It's spectacular-- it's Lebanese and American food, all on the grill (the guy who runs it is Kuwaiti, studied and learned to cook in Lebanon, and all his five sons help out. He's such a cool guy, and the food is spectacular! Eat the Lebanese food, though. The burgers are good, but let's be honest, you don't eat burgers when you can have shish kafta!) http://dallas.citysearch.com/profile/34304419/richardson_tx/grand_cafe.html

Madras Pavillion is a great vegetarian Indian place we discovered when planning a gathering and looking for a kosher restaurant. It's delightful. http://dallas.citysearch.com/profile/34304470/richardson_tx/madras_pavilion.html

If you're in the mood for a little fancier but a little more expensive, the India Palace is wonderful. We went there for Valentine's Day one year and the baby ate samosas and tandoori chicken. http://dallas.citysearch.com/profile/9618202/dallas_tx/india_palace_restaurant_club.html

I have more, but I have to get ready for church now...

There's also a little Greek store if you want to buy grapeseed oil (which you may have heard me praise the cooking and health benefits of) or the best dried apricots ever.

Holger Danske said...

We moved to 12:80 from 9:00 this year too. The mornings are nice, but I miss the afternoons too. Somehow we are still always 5 mins late every time, at least I am since the older kids go with me.